Chapter 4

Jay, Morro and Skylor stepped in the building, seeing a few people already seated waiting for the red-head to give their orders to her and the little staff which were scattered around, almost completely slacking off and talking to customers. It was a pain in the arse - she'll tell you that now without any hesitation.

"Wow, this place had changed since I last came." Morro mumbled, looking around at the now fixed noodle house, seeing how it looked a lot more modern since he last came as a toddler, when his family was nice. Barely remembers the last time he cooked him a decent meal now.

Skylor nodded. "Yeah, my mother wanted to add some renovations to it before she had to go.." She trailed off, biting her lip and admiring the scenery herself. She sighed and put her head down silently, alerting the other two teens there. "She used to help me and my father here. But when she died, it seems like I'm the one that has to do all of the work." She added on, her eyes becoming watery with every blink that she tried to burn then away.

Jay walked up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at the boy and saw a small sad smile on his face, giving her a silent comforting gesture. "I bet your mother is proud of you for keeping up her business. But, she's love if you took a break and relaxed for a while." He added the little sentence on the end, and looked at Morro who gave a soft, encouraging smile and a light nod. Skylor nodded and wiped her eyes. She looked at the other two right in the eyes. "Thanks you two." She sniffles, a small smile flashing through her face for a second.

She looked at her bag and sighed. "I'm gonna go upstairs to clock in and get changed, there's a bit booth over there for us all to sit at." She said, pointing over to a large seat where the ten friends could sit. They both nodded and Jay gave a thumbs up at his friend. "You got this, badass." He encouraged

She scoffed and walked to the staff door, waving a hand weakly at the two before leaving them at the table. Morro then immediately pulled out his phone, and frantically tried to reach the message option, and then typed a brief message to god knows who. Jay raised an eyebrow in confusion, and pointed a finger at the boys phone. "Uh, Morro? You too buddy?" He asked, eyeing his phone and the boy up and down before settling on the boy.

He sighed and shut his phone off, placing it face first on the freak, and then, using both of his hands, he rubbed his eyes in circular motions. He then yt his head on the desk, sighed, and then looked up at the now concerned Jay.

"Sorry, I have to text my dad." Morro started, tracing his finger of the patterns of the table gently. "He had no one idea where I am and will beat the shit out of me if he knew I was here." He mumbled, the sighed. Jay's eyebrows creased and his face softened, wincing at even the thought of his dad beating him. Yeah, he never really got to spend time with his mother or father, which left him with minor trust issues, but he knows that they love him. He loves them too, but it's hard when you're in an apartment alone practically for days on end. Social anxiety and trust problems aren't very fun to live with when you get bullied, for simply not wanting to be famous like his father.

"Helloooo? Jayyy..?" He shook his head quickly and saw Morro cocking an eyebrow at Jay and clicking his fingers in front of his face. He blinked a few times and then stared at Morro in the eyes, who had worry drowned out in his.

"Sorry, did I space out again?" Jay asked, a bright blush on his face and Morro gave a concerned look and a slow nod gently. Jay had been one to space out sometimes, his problems getting the better of his and leaving his to panic at the worse possible times. Then, they'd turn into scenarios. Not good scenarios, bad ones. Like, what if his parents die on the way back? What if they get stuck on the island forever? What if he's forced to go back to mansion in summer?

"Sorry, just thought about what could happen to my parents if they ever try and get back." He started, ruffling his hair slightly and resting his head on his hands. "Like, what if they die on the way back? What if they get stuck on the island and can't come back? What if-"