Caged Heat (Part 4)

Just a few minutes went by since the demons took Dean. Maia could feel panic rising in her. She tried to stay calm but dark thoughts kept clouding her mind.

She was so lost in her mind that she almost didn't hear the door open again. Almost.

Maia turned around, her eyes widening at the two demons armed with celestial bronze blades.

"Don't even think about trying anything, bitch." One of them insulted as he grabbed Maia by the arm and roughly shoved her out into the hall.

Maia met Samuel's gaze, anger building higher than her fear. "You. She growled. Her eyes flickered green as she took a step forward. But she was quickly pulled back, the blade back at her throat.

"I said don't try anything." The demon pulled Maia along, bringing her to a small empty room.

"What? Need a special venue to gut me?" Maia sassed. She kept a calm facade despite her racing thoughts full of fear.

"No. Mr. Crowley had a better idea. One provided by Samuel." The demon informed.

"Oh, yeah? What's that?" Maia asked.

The demon only smirked before sauntering out of the room, locking the doors behind him.

Maia let out a shaky breath, examining the room. She found no other possible exit that she could use. There was only a vent, but it was barely big enough for Maia to even fit her head in it.

But that's when she noticed it, the gray smoke that seeped out of the vent.

Every logical part of Maia told her to stay away. To try and break out. But a tiny part of her brain had only one thought; touch it. And that's exactly what she did.

Maia walked over to the ever-growing cloud of smoke. She reached out, finding it to be odly cold.

Then she accidentally breathed it in. It had a sour an bitter taste that made Maia recoil.

Seconds later, black lines appeared on Maia's arm. The blonde furrowed her eyebrows at the sight. A cough escaped her lips and her throat started to itch.

Maia's eyes widened in realization. Poison. She ran to the doors, hitting them with all her she had.

In the dull metal of the door, Maia could see a green glow flicker in her eyes. But she was too weak now to do what she did when she was seven. She was poisoned, slowly dying.

And she didn't think anyone was alive to save her.

* * *

Dean pulled the fire alarm switch. A loud ringing echoed through the halls. After saving Meg but still not finding Maia, Dean wanted to through hands.

And, just as planned, Crowley appeared. He looked down at the empty torture table and a dead demon with disappointment.

Dean put the lever back, ending the alarm.

Crowley pointed at the older Winchester. "You should be ghoul scat by now."

Instead of an answer, Crowley got smacked on the head by Sam and a pipe.

The almighty king of hell fell forward to his hands and knees, coughing.

"Reall necessary?" He pushed himself up as Dean pulled out the demon-killing knife. "I just had this dry-cleaned." Crowley complained. He looked up, realizing it was a trap. "So to what do I owe the reach-around?"

Meg walked around the corner. "Crowley." She smiled.

"Whore." Crowley insulted.

"Okay. You know what?" Meg raised her hand, closing it into a fist. Crowley keeled over, spewing blood. "The best torturers never get their hands dirty. These two want a word with you." Meg gestured to Sam and Dean.