Chapter 6

Finn slowly cracked her eyes open. She noticed that she was, in fact, not in the hospital. Her broken body was laid on a pleasantly comfortable bed. She was slightly surprised that Benoit kept his word and not taken her to a hospital, with how injured she was. She took catalog of her body. Her arm was certainly broken. She was surprised to find that it was in a cast. Perhaps she had gone to the hospital. Her ribs were most likely broken, as well. They were wrapped in tight bindings. Her throat was bruised and felt incredibly sore. A sudden thought popped into her head, making her come awake all at once. Her necklace, where was her necklace? Finn sat up with a groan and attempted to get out of bed. She stood up, but her legs were so shaky, she was sure she would collapse. She used the furniture and wall as support as she slowly made her way out of the bedroom. 

"My word. What are you doing out of bed?" A southern accent called out.

Finn looked up to see Benoit coming towards her. She was used to seeing him in a suit and tie, but he made a t-shirt and sweatpants look good. 

"My necklace." Finn rasped out.

"Yes, yes. My dear, I have it, but please do sit down before you fall down." Benoit said. 

He gently took her arm and led her towards the couch. He helped her sit down gingerly. She let out a small groan of pain at the change of position. Benoit made sure she was completely seated before fetching her necklace. Finn was surprised to see that it was in one piece. 

"You fixed it?" Finn said hoarsely. 

"Yes, I imagined it must be important to you." Benoit replied. 

Finn was incredibly touched by the gesture. Tears began to build in her eyes and soon spilled down her cheeks. Benoit noticed and gently pulled her into an embrace. 

"Oh, darling, no. It's okay, it's okay." He comforted her.

"Thank you." She spoke quietly. 

Benoit assured her it was no problem. After her cry, she found herself to be incredibly exhausted. Benoit noticed she was nodding off and gently shook her awake. 

"You need to eat something, darling." He said.

Finn just hummed tiredly. Benoit ran off to the kitchen. It was only a moment before he returned with soup. Finn was too injured and exhausted to hold up a spoon. She was embarrassed to have someone feed her, but it was the only way she was going to be able to eat. Finn was only able to stay awake to eat and soon fell back into the black when she was finished. Benoit deposited the bowl and soon in the sink and came back to find Finn asleep. He didn't want to wake her, she he scooped her up, careful of her injuries, and put her back in bed. He gave her a kiss on the forehead and left her to sleep. Finn slept comfortably in the bed, with a golden locket clutched in her non-injured hand.