Chapter Two: House In Disarray

Key: Y/G= Your Gender, Y/S= Your Size

Warning: Swearing And Violence

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Connor's P.O.V.]

As soon as I see the intruder point the gun at my feet and pull the trigger I jump back and use that momentum to duck and roll out of range. With a loud bang, a bullet embeds itself into the floor right where my foot had been moments ago.

Taking their chance while I am down, the human and android flee off the front porch. The sounds of their feet slapping the hard pavement echoing as they head down the road. After regaining my balance, I bolt up and exit the house. Readying myself to pursue them, but as soon as I'm about to step off the porch I hear a grunt and pause to look at my partner who is now attempting to stand while holding a bloody spot on his jeans.

"Connor don't let them get away, chase after them!" He says through gritted teeth, and then after I continue to stare at him, "what are ya lookin' at? I'm fine! And they're getting away!" He nods in the direction of the street, bringing my attention back to the two intruders still sprinting into the distance. One of them, the human, turns their head to look back at us. I catch a glimpse of their face and the glint of something metal falling out of their pocket. A determined look in their eyes catches me off guard, nothing about what just happened shocked them in the slightest.

The decision to not risk further injuries overrides Hank's commands, it is very clear that they are not afraid to harm police officers after all.

I kneel down next to Hank, ignoring his angry yelling and gesturing as I check the knife wound on his leg. I remove his hand and take a look. The cut runs diagonally across the thigh above the knee on his right leg. Approximately two and a half inches in length and barely half an inch deep. While replacing his hand, I say, "Lt. Anderson, your injury will have to be seen by a medical professional, please keep applying pressure while I contact emergency services."

"Emergency services my ass, just go see if they have a first aid kit," he motions to the house. "It's not that bad. Oh, and do me a favor, ask them what the hell just happened." He stands straight and stiff before hobbling into the house, stepping over the newly made hole in the floor. I follow a step behind and get pushed away when attempting to help. I have to settle for just watching and waiting to catch him if he falls as he makes his way to the dining room and pulling out a chair for him at the table before he can attempt to do it himself. This earns me a glare as he sits down. I make sure he keeps applying pressure to the cut while I start checking around the house for the residents.

Upon reaching the stairwell, I notice a man standing at the top.

"Detroit police, it's safe to come out now," I call out. He nods and beckons for someone around the corner that I cannot see before beginning to come down the stairs. He gets halfway before a woman appears, following him while using a hand to wipe her eyes.

The man clears his throat, "My name is Steve and this is my wife Allie, We're the Righters. I'm the one that called...". He glances at Hank in the dining room and then back at me. Allie stands next to him, wringing her hands and keeping her gaze focused downward except to look at me for a split second. She makes the face I often see when people recognize what I am.

"My name is Connor, I am the android sent by Cyberlife. This is my partner Lt. Hank Anderson," I point at Hank who raises his hand halfway as a sort of wave-like gesture, "he was injured during the deviant's escape... do you happen to have a first aid kit?" Steve nods and taps his wife with his elbow, she looks up and after he leans close and whispers a few words I can't make out, she heads off past the living room and down a hallway, turning on lights as she goes. Her husband watches her; I notice his eye twitch.