Summer

Those numbered days got me on a roller coaster ride. It had the best and the worst days of my life. And I can't believe it happened in such a short span of time. The sun was high, and the music was turned up so high that everything went blurry. It felt endless. And I never felt more alive.

I remember sun-kissed skin and sand beneath our feet. I remember Uno cards sprawled on the floor, and paint splattered on our shirts. I remember the songs and poems we wrote, they're still written on my phone. I remember our little rendezvous. And I remember the way your eyes linger a little longer than they should.

Now, this collection is bleeding with those memories. And I want you to understand. I want you to know what happened. I want you to feel every emotion that I felt. Flip the pages and understand. It could take some time. But believe me. Those days felt like they would last forever, too. But it didn't. Promise me you'll understand. And promise me you won't get hurt as much as I did. I want you to be strong. Not like me. I ended everything. And it hung vacantly. Please don't leave me half unread. Understand my words and stay. I've been searching for someone who could understand. And it could be you. Please don't close me. Not yet.