Chapter 2

You had me at a 'Hello' . (Jerry Maguire) 

Haya returned home after a long and tiring day at university. Gladly it was last. And then she had after university plans with Mariyam which had exhausted her some more. Waving Mariyam goodbye, Haya went inside only to she find her Taya sitting with her Dadi(paternal grandmother) in the lounge. It was nothing new for her. She was used to her Taya, sitting and discussing family gossips with Dadi.

"Assalamalikum Ami, "Daddy adab ! . Tai Mummy(Aunty) Adab! " [Note :Adab is kinda said in Hindustani families as a greeting.] 

Haya calls her Taya, "Daddy' .Her class fellows made fun of her because of it .But she was forced to because, well her father wanted his brother to be as much of a fatherly figure to his kids as he was . So much for wishful thinking on her father's part. Taya always had considered her father a competition . But her father failed to notice that. And nobody dared to point that out.

Desi families have these inner politics which just blows your mind up. And being the only girl in the paternal side of her family , Haya sometimes feared that one day her Dadi would go like "my last wish is to see Haya married to Salman" and that day she will legit die.

Haya wasn't going to marry that hypocrite,Salman. The hottest corner of hell is reserved for hypocrites. And Salman was a freaking hypocrite , living off his father's money. Haya preferred self-made men instead of the spoils brat who only knew how to waste money on girls and cigarettes.

Tired ,Haya went to her room and crashed on her bed as soon as it came into view without changing her clothes. She was going to get a lecture for her mother about not changing out  of"bahir k kapray"(formal clothes) but she was too tired to give a damn ruining her formal clothes.

******************************************************************************************

"Haya wake up !! Tahira baji called. We have to go to their place. " Haya's mother was shoving her shoulders to wake her up.

"ugh Ammi my feet hurts, I'll go tomorrow" Haya replied.

"Don't you come to me complaining that they didn't invite us when they were discussing all the wedding stuff. " Her mother replied as she moved away from the bed.

"Mama, close the light on your way out." Haya said hiding her face in the pillow, to shield herself from the light which was blinding her. She was way too exhausted to go anywhere right now.

If her feet weren't killing her this much, Haya would have sat up in the bed after hearing the word "wedding". They were going to have a wedding. How much she loved wedding and the lights and the vibe. She did not want to get married herself. Oh, but she loved attending weddings.

Haya was sleeping peacefully when her phone began blasting her caller tune. Why didn't she put it on silent ? Mentally cursing herself for it , she carelessly reached for her phone which was under her got damn pillow. Without looking at the caller ID, she attended the call. "Hello, Assasalam Aleikum" she mumbled still sleepy. It was just her thing to pick up the call without looking at the caller ID. In her defense she was still sleepy, and her processors were a little slow when she woke up.

"Bhae , you woke me up from my slumber. It better be important as I was legit dreaming about something important. I mean I missed, Saman's wedding discussion for this sleep. It is completely not true,because there was this other reason.  Actually I am trying to avoid the 'big daddy' who is always lecturing me about my ways. "Put on the seat belt." "Look where you are heading too." "Grow up". Haya was trying to make her voice sound manly and gruff and miserably failing.