04

The next morning, Huijun made his way into his first period and found Minjae in his seat already. Scurrying over to the boy, he plops down next to him and rests his backpack on one of the table legs. "Morning," Huijun greets, the blonde who scans him with a confused look ignored his words and waits for the teacher's instructions. Huijun, confused by his non-verbal response internally questions why Minjae had looked at him in such a way. Once the bell rang and class became in session, they were continuing the same packets from yesterday - this time there was more work.

Huijun pokes Minjae with his pencil, "You didn't say good morning?"

"Why should I?" As he replies back to brunette with attitude, he focuses on the work in front of him and tried to continue on with the assignment. "Stop poking me."

"Why are you acting weird?" Huijun examines the way Minjae spoke and how his posture was odd to the eye. He knew Minjae usually slouched in class or his back either replicated a banana as sitting straight wasn't his forte. "Did you hit your head while sleeping last night?"

Minjae puts down his pencil, turning his head over to Huijun he raises a brow. "Look, you're bothering me and if you keep it up I'm gonna have to tell the teacher." Shortly, he lifts up his sleeves and he gets back to work. Huijun, who watched him do this subtle action caught the sight of his empty right wrist. There was no date, the bold ink that was supposed to cover that part was no longer there.

"What the hell..." He shortly mutters to himself, Huijun suddenly lickd his thumb and grabs Minjae's wrist. The boy who had no clue what was occurring, only watched in fear as he felt a damp liquid glide across his skin. As Huijun rubbed the surface, his skin became pink from the abrasive action he practiced. "What are you doing weirdo?" He questions lowly, not wanting to grab attention. "did you really just wipe my skin with your saliva?"

"Minjae..." Huijun whispers, "where's your date?"

"My date?" He repeats, unsure of what the boy was talking about. Minjae pulls his arms into his chest and holds it, "what are you talking about?"

"Is that why you were acting weird? Is that why you wanted to do all those things yesterday!" Huijun finally was able to connect the dots, he points to the bruises that still paint Minjae's skin, "y-you caught me yesterday when I fell multiple times. You told me to sit next to you today in math, do you not remember?"

"I'm sorry..." Minjae shortly glances over to Huijun's paper to catch his name, "Huijun...I don't know what you're talking about."

Huijun felt his heart sink into his stomach, did he hear that correctly? More of see - Minjae had to glance over to get his name. "You lied to me..." Huijun mutters, his hands fall into his lap and he clutches onto his slacks. The brunette tries his best to not cry in front of the boy who barely knew his first name, "I guess...this is a punishment for not telling you mine."

Minjae only listens, not understanding any of the gibberish leaving his mouth. Huijun lifts up his right sleeve, his left hand peels the bandaid that has covered his date for eternity. He gives Minjae a bittersweet smile, the same one that the blonde gave him yesterday before parting with him. "Guess I'll be joining you soon, I didn't think I'd receive this twist..." He shortly mutters.

The new Minjae still has no clue what's going on, until he took a glance at his left hand. On his palm, written in black marker that faded from his morning routine caught his attention.

'check your notes, let no huijun read them!'

Huijun? The tiny voice in his mind repeats, he turns to the brunette next to him and taps the boy. He shows him his palm, "Are you No Huijun?"