|M•12|

[Your POV]

I heaved a deep sigh while I was looking at my reflection on my phone's screen. Tzuyu's parents wants to have dinner with us today.

My parents were happy to meet the mother of their grandchild. Now, the real deal is here.

I hid my phone in my pocket as we had arrived inside the Chou's residence. Me and Tzuyu went out of their luxurious car as we head inside the rich-looking mansion.

Once I got a sight of my girlfriend's parents, my breathing became ragged as my eyes shook in trepidation and fear.

Today is also the day where Tzuyu decided to tell the news to her parents.
"Nice to meet y-you again, Mom and Dad." I stammered as I bowed.

Her parents just responded with a light laugh at my nervous state, "We already met before, you don't have to be nervous. We won't bite." Mr. Chou joked.

He then signalled us to sit down which we followed. As soon as we sat down, the maids started bringing out different kinds of delicious delicacies.

My mouth watered from the sight but nervousness was still in my system as I was already predicting the reactions of her parents once they found out. I'm just readying myself.

We started eating quietly as it went smoothly. Half-way our peaceful dinner, Tzuyu spoke, "Mom, Dad..." before she can continue, she was cutted off.

"Wow, Tzuyu called us Mom and Dad for the first time!" Her father exclaimed, happily.

I saw how Tzuyu slightly rolled her eyes but nonetheless continue, "I want to tell you something."

I could feel a bead of sweat trickled down my forehead as my heart thumped with full of mixed emotions.

"What is it?" Her mother asked as I gulped, "You'll have a grandchild soon." Tzuyu responded in a monotous tone with a hint of excitement.

Her father's excitement died down and was replaced by a furious expression. "You're pregnant?!" He exclaimed which made me frightened even more.

My hand trembled under the table as I was trying to keep a calm facade. Tzuyu's gaze also changed.

The latter proudly nod her head as her father smacked the table, making all of us flinched; well, except for Tzuyu.

"Who's the father?!" Mr. Chou asked as Tzuyu pointed at me. Her father's gaze diverted to me as I saw fire in his eyes.

I gulped, trying not to be intimidated by the furious look from her father but failed. I looked away as I lower my head.

Soon, we heard a chair screeched on the floor. Tzuyu's father stood up before leaving the table, but before he completely leave, I said something which made his head snapped towards me, "Sir, please don't hurt Yeji and the other girls." I begged as he left the hall.

Mrs. Chou followed her husband, leaving me and Tzuyu. Silence engulfed us.

"Baby, what do you mean by 'don't hurt Yeji and the other girls'?" Tzuyu asked out.

I fiddled my fingers as my mind went blank. I heaved a deep breath before speaking up, "Don't be angry at your father, alright?" She nod her head.

I told her the truth as her eyes widen and her fists, clench but just inhale and exhale deeply.

-Meanwhile-

The Taiwanese's parents were discussing the sudden news-- well, more like Tzuyu's mother changing her husband's vision towards it.

"You said, you want a grandchild! We are having one, but why can't you accept it?!" Mrs. Chou raised her voice towards her contemplating husband.

Yes, she's aware that Tzuyu's life became miserable and was guilty for not guiding her well. For not making time for her. She wants to say sorry to her daughter, but she knows too damn well that Tzuyu won't just forgives them easily. Especially, for all the things that happened to her without her parents by her side.

"It happens too fast! We just met her lover and then at the span of two weeks, she's pregnant?!" Mr. Chou shouted back.

"Y/N seems a trustworthy and a kind person. Who'll take care of our daughter well. Y/N can also give our daughter and grandchild's needs! Why can't you just accept it?" Mrs. Chou retorted.

"I just can't bare to see our daughter hurting!" Her husband answer, truthfully. He then slumped on his swivel chair, feeling guilty.

His wife's gaze softened, "I'm sure Y/N would take care of Tzuyu and our grandchild." Mrs. Chou pursuade her husband one last time. Her husband gave in before nodding his head.

[Your POV]

Tzuyu and I were just waiting in the living room. I kept on bouncing my knees up and down due to the nervousness i'm currently feeling.

Soon, we heard footsteps going down and suddenly, her parents are in the same room with us.

I quickly stood up as I looked at them but they just gave me a smile before gesturing me to sit down.

I followed and they sit in front of us. "Y/N, are you going to take good care of Tzuyu and also your child?" They blurted out as I vigorously nod my head.

"Yes ma'am and sir." I responded as they gave out a laugh. "Pardon me?" I asked.

"What did we told you? Just call us Mom and Dad." Mrs. Chou said as I nod my head in a flustered manner.

After some small talks, we went back to the base. I directly went to Tzuyu's room as I dropped down on the bed, feeling exhausted as I didn't change my outfit; thinking that it's a bothersome.

I then quickly fell asleep.

❖ ❖ ❖

Minguin_17
07/ 07/ 2020