Is There Air!?

"Merlin, how do you feel about going on an adventure?" The Doctor asked out of nowhere. They were sitting in the garden watching the birds fly by. The Doctor had finally gotten his ship fixed. Meaning he didn't have to deal with him for much longer.

"And why, beg tell, would I want to go on an adventure?" He asked while throwing a piece of bread into the air to be caught by a bright iridescent green bird. The Doctor looked at Merlin stunned.

"Merlin! What about adventure? Exploring the unknown? Seeing things you have never seen before. Learning what the universe has to offer. You need to take opportunities when they come!" He cried in excitement winding himself up. "Its just one small adventure." His eyes almost pleading. Merlin glanced away thinking. It had been a while since he left. One hundred and ninety four years to be exact. Granted he was enjoying his time alone.

"No, I have had quite enough adventure in my life time." There was no reason to leave. He has finished his house and set up the wards. It won't show up on scans be them infrared, life detect, or flux. There should be no way anyone can visit this planet or even wish to. So nothing like what happened with the Doctor can occur again.

"Oh, come on Merlin. Just one quick trip. Just a day nothing more. You won't miss anything and I can show off Darling." Merlin just sighed. The man wasn't going to stop. He could tell. One trip won't be too much and then he can send the Doctor off.

"Fine, lets will go on this trip." The Doctor jumped to his feet dragging Merlin with him to the TARDIS. The blue box looked brand new despite the fact that it had been on fire not even three days ago. Not a scratch to be seen. "Why does it look like a police box." He couldn't help asking it was the least inconspicuous thing ever.

"Well the cloaking device got stuck on this and I like it. Never thought to fix it to be honest." He said off hand while unlocking the door.

"Not very stealthy. It doesn't really fit in with anything anymore." He stepped in looking around. The room expanded out with a bright green blue tube in the middle. Merlin glanced around taking in the fact that the ship was much bigger on the inside then it was on the outside. Technology has really advanced while he was away. The Doctor was looking at him expectantly. "... Its nice."

He looked put out. "No questions? Not wondering why it is bigger on the inside? What the tube is?" Merlin looked back around not really understanding how the science involved in making this worked, but he could do the same thing with magic. Same thing different method.

"Not really. However you ship is a bit nosy." He noticed as soon as he walked in the ship, that was some how sentience, was nosing around his magic and mind. Some form on weird energy was wondering around poking at him. It was distracting and made his magic bristle. He didn't much appreciate the invasion.

"Yes, well Darling just likes to know who is riding her. Play nice." He warned the ship looking at Merlin like a puzzle again. "Well where should we go? The spa planet of ruby waterfalls but poisonous sun? The wonders of the end of Earth? A space colony with different species? Oh! I know! Let's see..." The Doctor ran around pulling levers and pressing buttons. "You should hold on. Allonsy!" With that he pulled a lever and the ship started shaking. Lights flickering and walls squeaking. Finally the spaceship lurched to a stop. "Right let's go have a look!"

Merlin watched the Doctor run to the door and fling it open. Obviously he has no sense of self-preservation. Of course he could have been here before or know the people. The problem is that you don't know what could be happening. He waited for the Doctor to walk outside before following. If there was any danger it would have attacked the lunatic with a bow already.