𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1 : 𝑩𝒖𝒔 𝑹𝒊𝒅𝒆

Waking up to the sound of your grandma yelling at your mom in Hindi isn't pleasant, especially when your alarm goes off 2 seconds later... 

It is currently 5 in the morning and I've got to get ready for high school. "Another boring day, I guess," I mumbled to my self. After I finished my morning and hair routine I threw on some 'High waisted skinny jeans with a regular tee and my green converse high'. It was currently 5:45 am and I'm supposed to be at school at 6:05. "MEL, COME DOWNSTAIRS TO EAT BREAKFAST!" I'd hear my dad yell from the first floor. My room was on the third floor so I didn't bother to reply. 

"So Melody, did you have a good rest?" My mom said as she was eating the french toast our chef made for us for breakfast. "Like always," I said looking down at my plate. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents but sometimes, they ask unreasonable questions. There was a silence for 5 seconds until my dad broke it, "So we have plans today! Big ones, we are going out to dinner with my buddy George." my dad said excitedly as he was stabbing the scrambled eggs with his fork.  I frowned because I hated evening dinners with my father's friends. "Wipe that frown off your face Melody." I did as my father commanded, I knew to not mess with him nor my mom, they may be nice and all but, I won't try to push their buttons.   

 "Bye Melody! Have a good day at school!" I hear my mom and dad say as they waved from the front door. Today I choose to take the bus instead of a personal driver, I just felt like it. It was loud, obnoxious, and smelly. "Remind me to not take the bus anymore," I thought to myself. It took me a while to find a seat until there was an empty seat next to a 'really pretty red-headed girl, god she was stunning'. I sat down next to her and examine her as she was reading a book with wired earbuds in both of her ears. "Magnificent," I said to myself. " You seem like you are very interested in me, aren't you?" she jokingly said as she was taking out her earbud and closing her book. "O-oh sorry-" I said suddenly and shyly looking away. I hear her laugh and then smile and opened her book. 

She broke the silence between us- "Hi, I'm Molly." she said with a welcoming smile. "Hi Molly, I'm Mel-" I begin to say as she cuts me off, "Melody? You are so beautiful, I know so much about you actually." "You do?" as I said surprisingly, not everyone knows me very well. "oh- haha," I said and laughed awkwardly before giving her a half-smile. "Thanks, you are very pretty your self, Mo-" suddenly the bus stops and we was at school. It was now extremely loud on the bus as the teenager kids exited the bus, I see Molly standing up smiling at me and started to walk with what it seems like a cocky jock, towards the exit of the bus. "I guess I have to go too.."

 I hopped off the bus and went straight to my first period, and sat at my desk being the only student in class waiting for more students and the teacher to arrive...