The Tragedy

Six years ago, a girl went missing. She had been reading the book 'The Lifeless Mystery' one evening. Her eyes were beginning to close, as she hadn't slept due to this book having no stopping point. For it was a 1,000 paged book. When she had finally closed her eyes, she awoke in a different place. It looked like her home but it wasn't. Everything seemed off.... almost perfect. Her bed was made, her clothes were nice, her dirty blonde hair was nicely done. Everything was oddly perfect.

Her room was different but stayed exactly where it should be. The girl couldn't remember a thing. It seemed like she woke up in a different life however, it also seemed like this had been her life the whole time.

The town was on a search for the missing girl. A year had passed by when they finally stopped the search and presumed she was dead. Everyone was dreadful that year but as time went on it went back to the perfect town it was.

The poor stayed in their apartments without needing to pay for it. Nobody stole anything. The rich lived in houses on the other side of the apartments. Nobody broke into anywhere. The bank gave the poor a weekly amount of £10 and the rich got a monthly amount of £1,000. It was very perfect. The people of the town knew everyone who lived in it and always threw a party for new townspeople.

The missing girl's book was burned and her family's memory of her along with the town's memory of who's family she belonged to was wiped away. All they knew was she existed and lived in a house on Richmens Lane. Specifically 1628 Richmens Lane. All of the girl's stuff was burned and refurbished into newer things. It's like she never lived in the town.