Friends Or Best Friends?

Three days have passed since Conner had joined the five's friend group. Emily and Conner has grown a little too close for Ace and Hachirō's comfort.
"What if they start dating?"Ace questioned the two. "I don't know...they seem to already be dating, I mean just look at them." Hachirō said also questioning the pair. Ace and Hachirō look at Emily and Conner. The two were sitting as close as possible, reading a book together. Ace walked up to the two. They noticed and looked up from the book. "Hey, Ace. What's up?" Emily asked with a soft smile. "Nothing really. I was just wondering are you two together?" Ace smirked at the pair. Conner a little quick to answer, responded with, "No! No no nooo. Hah, we aren't together. We've just been getting along." Hachirō questioned there weird matter. Along with a shrug he pushed it aside. Ace was still suspicious of them even if they say they aren't.

Emily looking at the ground after the awkward conversation, she knows she may have small feelings but it's hard to figure out. No matter what she kept it hidden. On the other hand, Hanako was walking along the bay nearby with River. Of course they were gossiping away as they weren't far from perfect either, they loved to talk about the new ones and the old ones in their town.
"Hanako, do you ever wonder why the water is always dark blue and never clear?" River asked her. Hanako realized that River was staring into the perfectly clear bay. "Well, no. Why are you wondering?" Hanako looked at River. She shrugged and walked back to the garden, they stopped as they overheard the conversation of the others.

-.. --- -. .-..-. - / .-.. --- --- -.- / .. -. / - .... . / .-- .- - . .-. .-.-.-

It was dawn and all the kids were home. Conner lived next door to Emily and there windows aligned. Emily would send morse messages to Conner during the evenings since they couldn't be on the telephones. Currently they were talking of boring news they heard around the town till Conner had to go. Emily decided to go down and see what her older brother was doing. She knew he often would be trying to figure out some plot in the news or something stupid and absurd like that and she was correct. He was in front of the news telegram, writing down any information he could get.
"Xavier, what on Earth are you doing??" She asked her brother. He looked up at her with this weird thing in his ear, "I'm listening." He said as if that explained it. She gave him an eye-roll and sat down next to him. Xavier handed her the ear thing and told her to try it. The machine was way too big for her ears and it wouldn't work. They went on solving fake news and plot-lines for the next 5 hours.

Of course, soon Xavier would be moving to his dorm for his first year of college...