𝒫𝑒𝓇𝒻𝑒𝒸𝒻 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔

Emily Rogers was perfect. Perfect hair, skin, body, clothes everything! It was all perfect! She didn't do anything for herself. Her hair was always neatly done, her skin was taken care of by the facial salon downtown, her clothes were laid out every morning by her personal tailor, her food was served by the cook. She followed the rules and became a prodigy child of the town. Emily didn't have any talents but was looked upon by everyone because of her perfectness.

However, Emily wasn't so perfect. She read in secrecy which was against the rules. Emily would take her friends and her book to the garden. There she would read to them and not worry about anything. Hachirō, Ace, and River didn't mind it but, Hanako did. Hanako was worried about the Tragedy.
"Hanako, it happened six years ago. We five don't have anything to worry about." Emily said to Hanako, hoping to reassure her.
"But the tragedy happened in the house next to yours! How are you not worried that it could happen to you?" Hanako said in a worried voice.
"Hana, everything will be okay. Trust Emily and I" Hachirō told his sister. Hanako nodded, still worried. For now she will try not to worry. Ace and River were already half way to the center of the garden when they heard a noise. It sounded like the crack of a stick on the ground. The two shrug it off and kept walking.

Hanako, Hachirō, and Emily headed into the garden, not knowing what lies ahead. As they got deeper into the garden they heard a voice but couldn't hear what it was saying. They didn't worry about it and went to the center. River and Ace sat there looking around. Hanako and Hachirō went to sit with River and Ace as Emily sat on the bench. All five opened their lunches and exchanged foods. It was a quick process since they wanted to start reading.

They finished their food and put the boxes of lunch next to them. Emily began reading chapter one of 'Peter Pan And Wendy'. Hanako sitting in the back, heard a noise that sounded like a camera zooming in. She turned around to see a a camera within the bushes, her hearing spot on, she tapped her brother and pointed. Eventually, they all noticed it.
"Who's there?" Emily said with confidence in her voice. A young boy who looked to be around River, Hachirō, and Emily's age appeared. He was holding a camera and a box full of his lunch.
"I'm sorry. I was wondering around when I saw you two," he pointed at River and Ace, "head into this garden. I followed and accidentally broke a stick. I hurried away hoping not to get caught. I noticed you three," he pointed to Hanako, Hachirō, and Emily, "go into the garden, too. So I followed once again and found you all here. Reading. I took pictures of the book so I could research it at home. Then I got caught..." the young boy said quickly. He sure could talk fast. Emily nodded.
"Well, you can join us if you would like to. I'm Emily. This is River, Ace, Hanako, and Hachirō." Emily said with a smile as she introduced each one of her friends.
"I'm Conner. I've seen you around before, Emily. Do you happen to live on Richmen Lane?" The boy whoms name is Conner said. Emily nodded again. "I do live on Richmen Lane. So does Ace, Hachirō, and Hanako." She said. Ace, Hachirō, and Hanako nodded, reassuring Conner that what Emily said was true.

For the five now became six and continued to talk and read.....
To be continued in Friends Or Best Friends?