Chapter Twenty Five

Y/n's P.O.V.

"Thought you could escape, did you?" Esme wickedly grinned as she bound my wrists with cable ties. "You won't get away with this, Klaus and his siblings will find me," I growled. I ground my teeth together as Esme tied another knot ensuring that to could not break free. I felt the ties start to sink into my skin, and I could feel them dangerously getting closer to cutting my wrists.

"Now, if I were you, I would resist the temptation to struggle, just one wrong move and you'll cut your wrists and bleed out on the floor, I don't want that, not yet," Esme whispered. I did expect her to find me so quickly after I escaped. I thought that maybe she would go back inside the cottage, or get in the car and drive around the neighborhood looking for me. But boy was I wrong. When I thought I was safe, I poked my head out of the bushes and looked around carefully praying to god that Esme would not find me, but I prayed too late. She found me, and drug me back inside the cottage. "Why are you doing this to me? I didn't do anything to you," I sobbed.

Esme sat across from me, and Carmelita laid her head in Esme's lap. "This wouldn't have happened if Beatrice didn't steal the sugar bowl from me," she said. I let out a loud frustrated groan. "Could you shut up about the fucking sugar bowl? That's ancient history? What's the real reason?"

Esme scooted closer until she was inches away from my face. "I've been looking for that sugar bowl ever since the schism. I was close to getting my hands on it, but when the Hotel Denouement burned down, I knew that it was gone, but I still had that craving for revenge. For two years, I have been planning my revenge on the Baudelaire's, but now I found you," She wickedly grinned.

I glared at her. "So, this is your plan? You kidnap me, take me to the hinterlands where I'll probably be found dead on the side of the road?" I recapped. "Yeah, pretty much," she answered. "It won't work, your plan will fail and you know it, just take a look Olaf's plan to steal the Baudelaire fortune, now he's dead on an island,"

Esme cackled and looked back at me. "Oh! But you haven't even heard the best part, after I'm done with you, Carmelita and I will go back into the city, and annihilate the entire Baudelaire line," She grinned. "I'm looking forward to killing my first cakesniffer, but I can't decide which one it'll be," Carmelita sneered.

I gasped at the thought of the Baudelaire's getting brutally murdered. I saw Klaus, Violet, Sunny, and even baby Beatrice on the floor covered in blood. "NO! You will not lay a finger on my friends, you psycho bitch!" I yelled trying to stay up but the cable ties wouldn't let me. Esme struck me across the face and leaned in close to my ear. 

"I'll touch whatever I want," she whispered. I looked at the window, the sky was becoming lighter and I knew that I had a limited amount of time before the inevitable. "Within the next few hours, we'll be in the car traveling to the hinterlands, and you will never be heard from again," I had to come up with a mental plan, and I had to do it fast.