Chapter Twenty Eight

Y/n's P.O.V.

"I told you that they would find me," I grinned when I noticed three cops were surrounding the car. "This is the Police. pull over right now!" one of the cops yelled. "We are not stopping for these fake cops we are not stopping, they're not real cops these are fake ones," Esme said. I looked over at her, she was obviously in denial.

"Are you serious? Those are real cops and they are going to pull you over and take you to jail," I smiled. Carmelita turned around in her seat and shot me a dirty look. "You better shut up before I smack you across the face," she snarled. I shut my mouth to avoid the punishment of pain. Esme kept looking back at the police cars and then back to the front of the road. "I'm scared, mommy," Carmelita cried holding onto Esme's arm.

Esme looked over at Carmelita and struggled to get her hand off of her arm. "Carmelita, I am not your mother, Olaf and I were just saying that so you would join us, your real parents are dead," Esme blurted out. I knew about everything from the Baudelaire's, but hearing it come from Esme's mouth was shocking.

"What?" Carmelita shrieked. She started hitting Esme while she was driving the car. I watched as Carmelita hit Esme, I know I should've done something to stop her, but come on, she just learned that her parents were dead, and the person who had raised her for two years pretty much kidnapped her. So, I thought she should have a little revenge.

"How could you do that to me?" she sobbed. My eyes widened as I saw that we were approaching a lake. "Uh, guys?" I said trying my best to stay calm. "I'm an orphan now because of you!" Carmelita screamed. We got closer to the lake. "WE'RE HEADING INTO A LAKE!" I screamed. Carmelita and Esme stopped fighting and immediately opened the car doors and jumped out of the car. I couldn't escape because the back doors were closed. The car crashed into the lake, and the car started to fill up very quickly with freezing cold water.

"I can't swim! I can't swim!" I gasped as the water reached my legs. I knew that eventually I was going to die, but never in my life had I pictured drowning in a sinking car. As the water started to reach my neck, I took a deep breath silently saying my goodbyes.

Goodbye Klaus, I love you...

***

Klaus' P.O.V.

Violet followed behind the police cars. I was silently praying that Esme and Carmelita would give themselves up and surrender Y/n, but I knew that they would never do that considering how evil they were. Then suddenly, two of the cop cars moved to the side and I saw Esme and Carmelita jumped out of the car. I was praying that Y/n would jump out of the car too, but she never did.

"Y/n, get out of there right now!" I yelled. But, She never got out, and I watched in horror as the car crashed into the lake. "NO!" I screamed. The car started to sink very quickly, without hesitation; I jumped out of the car and ran towards the lake. Violet caught up with me and threw my coat off preparing to jump in after Y/n.

"Klaus please, I can't lose you too," Violet sobbed. I gently hugged her and gave her a small reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I'm going to go in after, and I'm going to come back," I promised. I took a deep breath and jumped into the lake. The water hit me like a thousand knives, but I kept going to save the girl I love. When I reached the bottom of the very deep lake, I saw Y/n was floating in the backseat of the car. I opened the back door and pulled her out.

She was heavy, but I didn't let that stop me from keeping my promise to Violet. Soon, we reached the surface. I let out a cough and carried her out of the lake. "I got her!" I yelled out. Violet, Sunny, and Beatrice ran to my side. I gently placed Y/n on the ground hoping that she would wake up, but she never did.

"Come on Y/n, wake up please," I muttered. I checked her pulse, to my relief; I heard the faint sound of her heartbeat. "She's alive," I smiled. Violet let out a breath of relief. Then we heard another siren approach the lake. I looked up and saw it was an ambulance. Two first responders ran up to us and checked her.

"She might have a dangerous amount of water in her lungs, we're gonna have to take her to the hospital," one of them said. They placed her on the stretcher and placed her in the ambulance. "Can I ride with you guys? I'm her boyfriend," I said. They nodded, and let me in. I looked over at Violet. "I'll meet up with you at the hospital," I said. The first responders closed the doors and the ambulance started moving. The first responders did all kinds of work on her while I held her hand, silently begging that she would wake up.