Chapter 8

*Blays POV*

I pulled into Singer’s Salvage Yard, killing the car engine in front of Bobby Singer’s house. The old grouch is one part age, two parts hunter, and three parts alcohol. Bobby is always there for us no matter what. He helped our dad when our mother left, I don’t even know our mother is alive. Bobby never really approved of us using our gifts like our dad, Oliver Wood, did, he helped us get control over them we would train every day. 

We walked into the house being greeted by a shotgun. I stared down the barrel of it unfazed by his paranoia, as Winter and Athena wandered into the kitchen.

“Nice to see you too, ya old grouch,” I smiled at Bobby as he put down the shotgun pulling me into a hug. 

“You’re no sunshine either wearing all that black,” Bobby retorted as he went to sit back down at his desk that was cluttered with lore books. 

“I wear what the color of my soul is,” I comment while flopping down on his couch. 

Winter and Athena come in the living room, you could say, sitting down beside me. A beer in Athena’s hand, and a bottle of liquor and a cup in WInter’s. I’m surrounded by drunks. 

“Heard you girls had a run in the Winchesters,” Bobby states, closing the book he was reading to look at us. 

I signed just shaking my head not wanting to think about Dean, Sam or Castiel. 

“Yeah, helped them with the wendigo,” Winter explains, then asked, “Did they call you, or something?”

“Yeah, asked if I knew what could make water come from nowhere, fire and make the ground dry with a touch of a hand,” Bobby said as he poured himself a drink, then he continued, “I told ‘em what you were and not to piss you off.” 

“Welp.” Winter signed with a shrug laying out on the floor with her drink in hand.

Athena slid off the couch, with her back against the bottom of it. I straightened out my legs laying out on the couch. What a way to relax after a case. 

As we sat in silence my mind wandered to mine and Winter’s parents. Our dad was a good man but our mother, Merisa Wood, is a damned whore. She tried to kill us when we were five years old. 

Oliver never told Merisa he was a Cheshire, he’d kept it hidden from her. Until a hungry werewolf broke into our house and he fried it, Merisa freaked out but she pretended to be cool with it. A few weeks later, when she thought both Winter and I had fallen asleep, I hadn’t though. Merisa snuck in our room with a knife. She raised the knife above her and was going to stab WInter but tackled her knees, feeling too much fear and anger, I had accidentally burnt her with flames. The heat from the flames woke WInter up and when she saw the flames she screamed bloody murder, Dad had come running into our room ready to kill.

Through tears and sobs, I told Dad what happened, he was furious but he never lost control of his gift. He threw Merisa out of the house and told her to get her stuff off the curb in the morning, Dad had rocked us to sleep in his bed that night. Whispering sweet nothings in our ears, saying I was in the right for what I did for protecting Winter as I had. Mine and Winter’s sleep was fitful that night, but we slept through the night.

I went deeper in thought as I thought about when we met Athena. Winter and I were in Junior High just walking to our class when this crazy chick came running down the hall with a wad of hair in her hands laughing. A brunette with half of her hair missing was running after Athena, so naturally, we ran after them. Winter made a small puddle of water in the hall, to which the brunette slipped in and fell, breaking her nose. 

We ducked into an empty classroom, laughing about what had happened. After that day WInter and I figured out Athena was a Chesire, we brought it to Dad. Of course, he wanted to meet her to know where she came from, turned out she was a foster kid, and from then on Dad fostered her. Now we’re inseparable, we’re the only family we have, ever since our dad passed away, and Bobby. 

Oliver Wood was killed by a demon who was a second faster than he was, the demon stabbed him in the stomach. I was there when it happened, Winter and Athena came running in but everything went into slow motion when Dad fell to his knees. The demon smoked out, but that didn’t stop us from hunting the bastard down and killing it. The demon’s meat suit was already dead so we didn’t have to worry about the man the demon was wearing. 

I was so deep in thought and hadn't heard the door open or close, or even feel Dean lift my legs to sit on the couch. When I came back to my surroundings Winter was still laying on the floor, singing We’re All In This Together from High School Musical. Athena still sitting on the floor in front of the couch with a few empty bottles around her, a new one in her hand. Bobby was still reading lore books at his desk, with Castiel behind him looking at books. Making a small note that he was not wearing a tie. Sam pulled up a chair next to Athena.

I then realized my legs were on Dean's lap, as he smiled cheekly  at me.

 I narrowed my eyes at him asking, “What in the hell do you think you’re doing?” 

“What, I can’t let you be comfortable?” He retorted back raising his hands in surrender. 

“No, I just feel you have a  different agenda.” I shrug my shoulders biting my bottom lip. 

"Hey, no ill intentions my fair lady," He said, putting his hands down.

I rolled my eyes looking down to see Athena and Sam getting real close to each other. Sam had gotten on the floor beside her, ditching his chair. 

“Dean, you should go get me a soda out of the fridge,” I asked, batting my eyelashes at him.

“Sure ya don’t want a beer?” Dean asked, getting up from the couch as I moved my legs. 

“No, I don’t drink. Thank you,” I say as I lay back out on the couch.

“You don’t drink?” Cas asks as he furrows his eyebrows tilting his head to the side in confusion

“Yeah, not everyone drowns their sorrows in alcohol,” Winter states as she rolls over on her side pouring herself another drink. 

“What a shame,” Dean states handing a canned soda, “I would have loved to see you drunk, Blay.” 

Dean smiled a smile that reached his eyes making his green eyes lighten up. My heartbeat quickened a pace, it’s so strange how a man I barely know can make me feel like this. 

“Oh, you do not,” I say as Dean sits back down putting my legs back in his lap. 

“Have you been drunk before, Blay?” Castiel asks me as he looks at me in the eye.

“Yeah and that’s when I decided not to drink anymore,” I state trying to end the conversation.

Athena laughed laying her head on Sam’s shoulder, “She’s one of those loud drunks who are easy to piss off.” 

I rolled my eyes with a huff, taking a drink from my soda. Dean looked over at me as he licked his bottom lip smiling at me then looking away. 

“Also she will and try to fight anything,” Winter said as she sat up dragging Sam’s discarded chair beside her patting it she said, “Sit Cas.”

He did as she said, after he did so she laid back out on the floor. I rolled my eyes knowing what they were saying was true. I changed my sitting position to where my head laid in Dean’s lap, I             looked up at him meeting his eyes to see if he would object. To my surprise, he didn’t object.

“What I would say in this situation is the million-dollar question,” Bobby states, closing the lore book he had been reading, then pouring himself a drink.

A few seconds of silence went by before Winter started to scream sing We’re All In It Together from High School Musical. What the hell Winter? I thought to myself as I signed taking a drink from my Root Beer. I could hear Bobby sign in annoyance, but I knew he wouldn’t miss this for the world.