Chapter 14: The floating temple of Luberia

In the mountains of Luberia resides a floating temple with the same name. With in this temple special beings live they are called the seers.  These mountains rest on a different continent across the vast ocean from a cursed continent. That is what that continent is called where their rules of magic are crude and archaic.  

  A young girl wearing a white dress stands out on the highest balconies of the temple she is looking in the direction of the said continent her eyes are glossed over. 

  The young girl says, "A power struggle has commenced on that accursed  land mass.  A disease has fallen as well.  I just hope that it doesn't reach our shores. The one they call the unregistered is trying to leave that place.  Should we not prevent him from doing so?"

  An elderly women shuffles to her side,  "At one time we could have pulled it off but our numbers of dwindled greatly.  It will be awhile before he can escape such a place.  No come Selene time for your shores."

  Selene sighs, "If I must but I can't quite shake that feeling that something is coming.  I am afraid I cannot see what it is."  

  The elderly lady peers off into the foggy mountains, "Ah that is our burden to share we can get glimpses of what might be or come to pass. The feeling of foreboding comes a side effect of our gift."

"I suppose elder." Selene sighs as she grabs you hand floor brush and bucket.

She snaps her fingers a small cloud forms over the bucket, the bursts rain fills the bucket. She carries off her bucket to the top floors of the temple. She begins to scrub the floor.

Foot falls echo down the hallway a girls voice exclaims, "Selene I am an apprentice now look at my new mark."

Becoming an apprentice is no easy feat one of the elders only selects a couple of the novices to take under their wings. Molly has been trying to become one for years her hard work and determination paid off. One of the 6 elders saw this and chose her to study and train her gifts.

Selene smiles with glee she hopes she can get promoted to apprentice soon, "That's awesome. I hope I can get promoted soon too Molly."

Molly looks at her friend pausing for few moments, "I hope you do as well. When your finished we should go to the lower floors I have access now."

"It will be another few hours before I finish here. You shouldn't take a novice down there anyway." Selene sighs.

Molly shrugs, "Well you know where to find me when you've finish."

Molly stalks off towards the middle floors where the bed chambers are.

Selene stands looking over her handiwork of the upper floors finally she finished. Thinking to herself wow that took me longer then I would have liked. She carries her bucket with dirty to one of the balconies she pours it over the side. The temple shifts slightly she drops her bucket over the edge.

"Oh great not again. This is the 12 one this week I've lost over the edge. What is going on with the temples levitating magic lately. I should go asks one of the elders. It's not like I would get an answer though." Selene grumbles stalking off to the bed chambers. Selene hurries to the bed chambers, most of the initiates sleep in a one big room.  But once you become a apprentice you get to share a room with one other apprentice.  One day Selene will become one but for now she is with the initiates.  

  Selene continues to the end of the corridor to a double set of oak doors she begins to knock.

A raspy voice echoes through the door, "Enter Selene!"

Selene pushes the double doors open, she enters the bed chambers of the High rank elder.

    A stout short greyed hair women sits in her rocking chair peering out at the vast mountain range.  Selene moves closer to the lady.

. "High oracle Beaxtric, why is the floating temple shaking again?  I think it fell a couple of inches."  Selene exhausts.

  The high oracle sighs, "Not this again Selene.  You are just an initiate.  You don't need to know or worry about such things.  Do as you are told I am tired leave me!  But before you do help me to the bed."

  Selene hurries over to the High oracle as she struggles out of her chair.   As the oracle leans against Selene both their eyes go white as if they are blind. 

  In unison the say, "Great calamity will fall this temple as the power begins to fade."

  The oracle snaps out of the trance, "What did I say?"

  Selene still in her trance continues, "Countless initiates will loose their lives.  Evil will consume all oracles, as the eclipse begins to darken the sky." 

  The High Oracle frowns, "Selene are you alright?  I didn't realize your power has manifasted this strong.  You didn't have this kind of power during last moon cycle."

  Selene shakes herself,  "My gift has been increasing in intensity as the day of the eclipse is vastly approaching."

  "Have you told the Intiate Oracle mother?"  Bea asks.

  "No High Oracle everytime I broach the subject she doesn't want hear it.   She thinks that my gift is weaker then the other initiates."  Selene sighs.

"It takes years for even apprentices to even link to an Oracle, let alone a High Oracle.  You should already be apprentice.  I will see what I can do.  Now help me to my bed."  The High Oracle exhausts.

  Selene helps the shuffling Oracle to her bed, she also helps her climb into it.  She leaves the High Oracle's bed chambers.  She heads off to her shared rooms with the other initiates.