FOOLS

'This day isn't really something to look forward to.'

Who in the world likes Mondays? Well, certainly not you. Of course, some people like that day because it stands for a new week—a fresh onefor them. Monday is the start of another week, so some people have to make sure that it will be a great day because it's as if the rest of the week depends on that day.

But you find this particular Monday more loathsome since it is also the first day of classes.

You cringe on your way to your classroom as you can already feel incoming trouble tugging at your sleeves. You scratch your head, a snarl on your face as you arrive in front of the room you've been looking.

Without checking if it's actually the right room or not, you open the door, not really greeted by a swarm of unbothered students talking loudly, laughing their asses off on something you have no concern of.

So it seems like everyone knows each other here already, hmm? That may be because they're old students too, you think, meaning you're the only transferee.

A fish out of water, how great.

However, they soon notice your presence, zipping their mouths, their stares making you a tad uncomfortable. You bite the insides of your cheeks, sweat dripping from your forehead despite the cold temperature of the room. They look as if they're expecting you to speak.

And to avoid the awkward silence, you softly speak, your voice barely audible to them.

"Is this Room 12-A2...?"

"Speak clearly and louder. We can't hear you."

The guy who has his ombre hair braided looks at you, raising an eyebrow, an unimpressed look on his face as he gazes from your head to toe. You immediately feel intimidated by him. And come to think of it, you notice that earlier when you came in, he wasn't speaking that much. In fact, he was looking at the rest of them with an irritated look.

'Oh boy, I don't feel so good already. Well, to begin with, I wasn't even feeling good.'

"I mean.. Is this Room 12-A2?" You repeat, avoiding the gaze of the guy who just spoke to you. He rests his cheeks on his palm and bluntly looks at you.

"No. Didn't you read the sign? This room is 12-B1. You're in the wrong room."

'Oh crap.' Your face goes red due to embarrassment. You immediately apologize for entering the wrong room.

Just as you're about to exit, you hear him talking again.

"Why must everyone in the lower section mistake this classroom as theirs? The difference of how unappealing their room is compared to ours is evidently huge."

'The audacity! Who is that guy anyways? Acting all superior. And for what I know, there's no such thing as a lower or higher section here.'

Your thoughts abruptly disappear as you jump back a little, startled by the voice of a seemingly elegant lady. You thought you accidentally said what you were thinking out loud, but it's not your voice.

"Valerius, don't display that rude behavior of yours to our schoolmate. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a lower or higher section here. The school divided our class into two for there are too many of us. And, please excuse him, he's still a mere and developing brain. I am Nadia Satrinava, pleasure to meet you. And you would be?"