First Day of Hell

❝ FIRST DAY OF HELL ❞[ 🔮 ]

[ 🔮 ]

The male beams, deliberately banging his head against the chalkboard as we stare at him in awe. For every two seconds he'll stop and do it again, in a kind of pattern that makes it sound like he's creating music, the chalkboard as the drum and his head as the.. drum stick.

Can't he just use his fists instead? Back in the days I used to do this too since it's fun and I was some kind of simpleton, but I did it with my hands and never even thought of doing it with my head. That would surely hurt! But this guy.. He looks like he's enjoying it.

Out of bad luck, I presume, he meet my eyes among two dozen of others. I look at the floor since that's the optimal choice right now, though I am still looking at him in my peripheral vision.

Luc.. Lucas? Lucio— the blonde confidently strides towards him. Being the only one left standing besides the two of them, I skim my fingers across the wall and lightly step forward to avoid any unwanted attention, finding a vacant seat. There are four left, each one on the second and fourth row and two on the first. I take the one on the second row, second to the last column.

Sitting on my left side is a conspicuously small female with reddish-brown hair who doesn't seem to care about the chaos that is happening in front. She's hugging her backpack which is filled to the brim—being so full that I bet the zippers will eventually give up on its contents. I hear crispy crinkling sounds from the inside. She opens it, ebullient, and starts shoving the junk food to her tiny mouth, eating like she hasn't eaten for three days straight.

It's not until she's suddenly speaking to me that I realize I have been staring at her.

"Do you want some? Oh, oh! But this isn't enough for Volta! Volta needs more to feed her appetite! You can go to the cafeteria though. And it would very much be appreciated if you also get some snacks for me!"

"..No thank you. I'm full."

She mumbles a response I can barely understand as she chews after taking a large bite of her egg sandwich.

"Jules! Miss me?"

I almost forgot about what's happening in front. Lucio grins and Jules (?) halts, scrutinizing his face.

"Sorry, who are you again? Ah wait! Don't answer! Lucenzo, isn't it? Been a while buddy!"

Before Lucio can answer with an aggrieved look on his face, the door swings open, a figure instantly forging with a simpering smirk on his face, leaving the two men who are about to argue in front scampering back their designated seats.

I can feel the rise of intimidation in the atmosphere. All we can hear now is the ridiculously noisy (and definitely old) AC.... Oh, but that's not all. Someone's still loudly munching on snacks despite a teacher standing in front of us.