Chapter 34 - Unconditional Kindness.

A long month of a court hearing later, Kasumi and her family finally won the case against Keisuke he did try to appeal ones but It was denied because of the other cases filed against him, now Keisuke is out of Kasumi's life and going to be spending his remaining days behind bars.

That event blew up for a while there's been a barrage of people stalking the girls for a while a lot of people are defending them white knighting to no end in every social media platform, Mina's involvement was covered as well, SIIU claiming that the person who rappels down was one of their agents the girls was uneasy at some certain point but the SIIU dispatched their field agent to watch over the girls for a while, Tegemi's dad seems to have returned from to the agency Tegemi was against it at first but she allowed it since her father seems to be assisting with the new detectives and working behind the desk. Another week has passed.

Everything seems back to normal except for Kasumi, she's been awkwardly trying to get close to Mina, her attempts are cute but Mina is either dumb or super-dense not to noticed it. Ever since that day, she's been trying to make Mina and his stay at the Famille comfortable she never did it before and she always just seem to coexist with him by simply ignoring his existence. But she feels she have now a responsibility to pay him back.

"You've been awfully close to Mina recently Kasumi." Said Miyoko with a huge grin in her lips

"H-huh?! No, it's just..." she stammered trying to explain herself.

"I get it, you and Yomiko have the same idea I guess..." said Miyoko slouching back at the sofa

"What do you mean?" she said trying to evade her gaze.

"You feel like you owe him something, I'll be one saying this, that don't worry about it, I'm sure he doesn't even think you guys owe him something." Explained Miyoko.

"Well, Yomiko and I are the ones who are against him in staying here at the Famille' at first, I just want him to know that I appreciate what he did and I'm not against it anymore..." Kasumi said sheepishly.

"Then tell him that?"

"Tell him what?" seem confused Kasumi replied.

"Tell him exactly what you just told me, word by word," Miyoko remarked.

"I-I can't tell him that." She uttered.

"You can tell him now he's been standing behind you all this time." Miyoko sneered.

Kasumi abruptly stands up thinking that Mina's behind her but there's no one there. When she looks back at Miyoko she's halfway laughing from the main door.

"Mi-yo-ko!" she followed Miyoko to the main door closing the door behind her when Kasumi opened it she was greeted with.

"H-Hi Kasumi." Greeted Mina smiling brightly.

Kasumi caught in the moment went beet red and suddenly closed the door on his face. And hurriedly run upstairs. Confused Mina rubbing his red forehead just look behind him with Miyoko shrugging her shoulders.

At the uni Kasumi's cold vibe turn into a warm and friendly one she's smiling a lot and been recently close with a lot of her girl classmates but the guys are still seeming are too afraid to approach her because to them she will remain their cold queen. It seems the stress that Keisuke's caused since they we're young greatly affected her, but now Kei is going to rot behind bars she can finally spread her wings and be free.

Meanwhile, Mina is still being bullied but not as frequent as usual it seems that everyone who's trying to win Kasumi's is laying low for a while. They all seem to be warry of the event that transpired around her.

Mina is still doing odd jobs and his life is back to the usual and normal schedule. Uni at the morning and work at night.

It seems that they are now more aware of Mina's existence in the house, they somewhat try to be accommodating as possible. Mina might be dense but he sure notices the sudden changes of his housemates. And he started with an odd suspicion that they're being nice because they probably want him to be out of the house, this guy, Odin bless his soul doesn't consider what he's done to them whether it's saving them or helping their family he doesn't believe it deserves some form of merit. For him, he's just doing what he could for his housemates whatever the term may be. That's just how he is and that's just how he thinks.

He's just a kind soul whether he acknowledges it (which he mostly doesn't) or not. But to the people, he helps this started to become a huge depth that they want and have to pay back, to them Mina might be nice but he is still human he's not some kind of saint or something that thrives in giving unconditional kindness. This bothers them (mostly YUU and Kasumi) they just met him half a year ago and he has done everything to help them but he never asks for anything in return.

But that's just him and he strongly believes that's the only redeeming qualities of himself that he can be proud of.