05

jisung blinked at changbin.

"okay," his hands were shaking slightly, but he gripped the vase tighter, trying to hold his ground, "so what exactly are you doing in my home?"

changbin thought for a moment, as if trying to process how to break it down.

"well...i'm sorta not really here?" changbin scratched the back of his head, looking down at the ground.

"what do you mean, you're right in front of me!?"

"please set the vase down. you might drop it...and i don't want you to get hurt," he whispered glancing up at jisung.

"answer my question and i'll put the stupid vase down, seo changbin," jisung huffed.

changbin frowned slightly.

"i'm dead. i'm a ghost," he crossed his arms, looking away from jisung.

"that's impossible!! no, there's no way-" jisung exclaimed, nearly dropping the vase just as changbin said he might've.

however, changbin acted quickly, stepping forward and grabbing the vase, but jisung didn't let it go.

"jisung, please. you'll hurt yourself. it's not going to hurt me, i'm not living!!" changbin cried out.

jisung swallowed hard. what if changbin was a bad spirit? or what if he wasn't a spirit at all? what if...there was some hidden passage in his room that he didn't notice that changbin could've snuck into when chan was over? what if he's not really a spirit? he's probably not. right? he's just some sick boy trying to mess with jisung's mind. yeah.

"please, jisung. please. i really don't want you to hurt yourself!" changbin gripped the vase tighter as jisung attempted to pull it away from him.

"y-you're just going to use it to hurt me!!" jisung's bottom lip trembled, and changbin felt something break inside of him.

"sungie please, let go. i promise i won't hurt yo-"

"don't call me sungie! i don't know you! you don't deserve that!" jisung yanked the vase once more and it came loose, not only from changbin's, but from both of their hands as jisung slipped on the blanket.

jisung caught a small glimpse of changbin's eyes widening in fear before he reached out with both hands, one connecting with jisung's hand and the other at his waist, sending shocks of surprising warmth through him. jisung's heart was racing in fear and shock as he stared into changbin's eyes, feeling as though time had slowed momentarily. but as soon as changbin had made sure jisung was steady, he let go of jisung and rushed to the vase, which he miraculously caught dangerously close to shattering on the floor. changbin set the vase down on the table jisung had taken it from as jisung's knees gave out and he sank to the floor in utter shock.

"are you okay?" changbin squatted down next to jisung, checking him over with what looked like genuine worry in his eyes.

jisung reached up and covered his eyes with his hands, suddenly feeling the need to cry and not really wanting changbin to see for some reason. though he couldn't hold back a small whimper as his throat constricted and his eyes filled with tears.

"jisung! are you okay? are you hurt?! you aren't hurt, are you?"

jisung felt the same subtle heat he'd felt as changbin had reached out to him as the latter gently rubbed jisung's shoulders comfortingly. changbin wanted to hug jisung and tell him that everything was alright. and his absolute craving to do so was about to drive him insane.

"n-not hurt," jisung hiccuped.

changbin frowned. seeing jisung cry hurt him so deeply for some reason. he wanted to comfort jisung and tell him he was safe, but he didn't know if jisung would believe him.

"you're okay, jisung," changbin settled for continuing to gently massage jisung's shoulders as the boy sobbed into his hands, "it's okay,"