5- Deserve

She did deserve it!

Roni's POV:

After Cate saw there was no way I was going to calm down she decided to just send me home. I mean I was angry. Maybe angry isn't even the right word. I was furious.

This woman who was clearly so full of herself had managed to be in the cafe for just over an hour and ruin my entire day! I mean really? Why did I allow her to get under my skin so much?

Finally arriving at my small flat I unlocked the door, immediately kicking off my shoes and slouching myself straight on to my couch. My living room wasn't great, it left a lot to be desired. In reality my entire flat left a lot to be desired. There were 2 bedrooms, one was mine, and one was basically a junk room that I just threw everything into. My room was the larger out of the two but was still a tight squeeze with just enough room for my double bed and slightly wonky wardrobe. The living room was joined to the kitchen leaving no room at all for any type of dinning room. The kitchen was definitely the smallest room in the flat. Although that didn't bother me much, I wasn't a chef by any means. Microwave meals and pizza was pretty much what I survived on.

I patted my hand around the couch in a search for my television remote. When that proved useless I sighed deeply before dragging myself into my room and basically throwing myself on to my bed. Perhaps I lay there for twenty minuted before my eyes decided to drop and I allowed myself a relaxing nap.

Lana's POV:

Once I left the cafe I called my driver and headed straight to my house in this ridiculous city to change my shirt.

This house wasn't much compared to my other homes but it got the job done. Three bedrooms which was more then enough for just me but they were all decorated perfectly and kept neatly and prepared just in case I ever did have any company.

The living room was quite spacious with two couches and a large television situated at the front and centre of the room. My lounge linked itself to a dining area and then around to the kitchen. My kitchen was always my favourite room in every home I'd ever owned. I loved to bake and prepare meals. Most of the cakes in Cate and Sarah's cafe had been made by them attempting to follow one of my recipes. They weren't terrible bakers. But I was marginally better.

Once I had changed I decided to call Sarah to make sure Cate had done what I had asked of her. I'd hate for her to defy me.
"Sarah it's Lana."
"Yes Lana, hi. Are you ok? What's wrong? Did you get home ok?"
"Ok Sarah sweetie calm down with the questions. I'm home. I just wanted to know if Cate had done what I had asked of her."
"I don't know what you mean?"
"Did she or did she not fire Roni?"
"No of course not! Why would she fire Roni? She's the best barista we've ever had!"
"Did you not see the mess she caused! I had to go home just to change!"
"I'm sure it was an accident."
"Sarah I will only say this once more. I want her gone. And if she's there when I return tomorrow, I shall not be pleased."
"I'll talk to Cate."
"Of course you will, goodbye Sarah."
"Right, bye."

Sarah clearly sounded defeated but that was not my problem. Roni was clearly incompetent and terrible at her job. I mean what kind of barista spills coffee over her customers? Accident or not, I wanted her gone.

After preparing myself a small meal. Well, a salad. I loved to create full meals. But I was on a strict diet. My own diet of course. I would never follow someone else's. That's ultimate stupidity. I was never happy with my body. I wasn't fat, nor was I skinny. I had the body that other people used to yearn for. But I hated it. I always wanted to be skinnier.

Carly always told me I was perfect. She was perfect. Losing her broke me in so many ways. Before her passing I was happy, carefree. I never went anywhere without a smile. She made me happy. She was the reason for my smile.

But now with her gone. My reason for smiling was also gone. It had been almost five years and everyday I still mourned the death of my true love. I closed myself off. Completely. At one point I even refused to talk to Sarah and Cate. But of course those two being the caring morons they are managed to worm their own way back into my life.

Carly was my light. My reason to wake up every morning. Without her I was dark, cold, distant. Many of my workers had resulted in calling me 'the evil queen' but it was a title I held with pride. I mean a queen of anything can never be a bad thing. Even if I was evil.

Now let's be honest with one another. Evil may have been an understatement.