The Cherry House Part 7

Y/n POV:

I'm sat in Zendaya's trailer, decorated with throws and cushions, accessorised with an enormous fridge filled to the brim with ice cream. She's humming along to a song on the radio as she opens it up, releasing a cool breeze that tingles my feet. Bringing them up to the chair and hugging my knees tightly, I watched her expression change as she debated which flavour to eat. She eventually settled on mint chocolate chip, smiling excitedly as she fetched a spoon and began eating it straight from the carton. I chuckled at her childish manners, causing her to laugh and only act more exaggeratively.

Z: You sure you don't want one?

She asked as she waved her carton in front of my face, tempting me as she stuck her spoon in for another bite. Any other day and I would be all for it, but my nerves and stress simply would not allow it. And I was scared that if I did have some, it would all just come back out.

Y/n: No, I'm fine.

Z: You know, you need to stop worrying.

She says casually as she gets up to fetch her phone across the trailer, bringing it back with her and throwing it beside her spot on the sofa.

Y/n: Is it that obvious?

Z: Kinda.

She smiled and I buried my face in my hands, groaning and shaking my head staring down at the fluffy grey floor.

Y/n: I'm not used to things like this. I don't know, I'm scared I'm gonna mess this up.

She sighed and set her ice cream down, taking her cold hands and holding mine. She looked so softly into my eyes, the type that could ease any stresses in a heartbeat.

Z: You are not going to mess this up. I promise. You have no clue how much that boy likes you. He talks about you non stop.

She tells me reassuringly, smiling and causing me to do the same.

Y/n: Thanks.

Z: No problem.

She picked up her ice cream when the sound of knocks echoed in the trailer, and again, I felt that state of panic rise in me once more. My nerves bubbled up like a cauldron of disaster waiting to over spill. But when Z winked at me, and went to open the door and I saw him...I decided not to let myself worry anymore. Because when I saw him there, as handsome as every, wearing a casual black t shirt and a loose flannel shirt over it, all my nerves crumbled away, and I stood up not wanting to leave this moment. His eyes fell past Zendaya and he looked at me so innocently, his mouth slightly open as he stared at me with a smile.

Tom: Hey.

Y/n: Hey.

Is all we say as we soak up each other's presence. I see Z giggle and rush towards me to usher me out, placing my phone in my hand and handing me over to Tom outside of her trailer.

Z: Okay well, have fun. Go on, off you go!

She yelled as she slammed the door in our face, earning a nervous laugh from Tom and I.

Tom: So...

I giggle and playfully push him aside, him grinning at me as I rolled my eyes.

Y/n: So where are you taking me Spider-Man?

I asked as he licked his lips and smirked excitedly, holding out his hand to ask for permission to take it, which I gladly accepted. I saw the slight tint of pink his cheeks had flushed with as he quickly turned his face away to avoid being caught. He swung our hands back and forth like a child as we sped up our pace towards his car, him rushing to my side to open the door for me.

Y/n: Who said chivalry was dead?

He smiled as he ran back to his door and hopped in.

Y/n: Are you going to tell me where we're going now?

He scrunched up his nose in thought, stroking his chin and suppressing a laugh as he shook his head and started the engine.

Tom: Nope. It's a surprise.

Y/n: I don't like surprises.

I moaned as he chuckled and kissed the back of my hand gently, holding onto it as he used his other to steer the wheel.

Tom: It'll be worth it...I hope.

He adds worriedly as he continues to drive to our secret destination. Not much time passes, and after a few songs on the radio, and a couple of ridiculous anecdotes, we arrive and Tom is as eager as ever.

Tom: I've always wanted to go somewhere like this.

He reveals as we walk along the grass and a pathway lit up warmly by a string of fairy lights wrapped around tree after tree. I could feel him watching me as I stared up at them in awe, taking in the view as I wrote this memory into my mind forever. The trail ends and we are met with rows and rows of chairs, loungers, blankets and pillows, accompanied by various snacks and drinks on tables aside. And standing proudly at the front of all of this, was a large white sheet hanging by several pegs attached to rope tied up in the branches of trees. I looked around for the answer, finally finding a projector perched right in the middle, awaiting someone to press play to perform its abilities. Still, I stayed quite unable to speak as he led me down to a blanket on the grass at the very end, drinks and popcorn at the ready, clearly prepared. He sat down, cross legged and patted the empty spot next to him, and I join his side.

Tom: Is it too much? I just didn't want to be boring so I thought I'd bring you here. You can tell me if it's too much honestly I-

Y/n: It's amazing Tom. Thank you.

The corners of his lips twitch and he licks them swiftly, positioning himself closer to me, leaning more comfortably as the music indicating the start of the movie began. The night was perfect. Even though for the majority of the time we were dismissing the movie, his randomly childish jokes and unplanned playful pokes keeping me way more amused than any movie could. So as it was drawing to an end, and the fellow viewers were starting to pack away their belongings, we just continued our silly conversations, hardly noticing the time being snatched away from us.

Tom: What about Tom Cruise?

Y/n: I don't know...he's not really my type.

Tom: What? Well it's a yes for me.

Y/n: Oh really? Should I be worried?

Tom: No, I don't think I'm his type anyway. Moving on...I have one more. Oh I forgot his name...oh right, Tom Holland?

Y/n: Hmm...maybe.

Tom: Maybe?

Y/n: Okay, probably. He is pretty cute.

Tom: I know right. That's good news for you I guess, cause I hear he really really likes you.