Square in the face

It was finally the end of the school day.

You were packing your bag, happily, enjoying the warm feeling of the sun shinning into the classroom. It was all ruined when your best friend came running in from the class next door.

"HEY! HURRY UP! WE CANT BE LATE FOR THEIR GAME!" Emmy said shouting and flailing her arms around drawing attention from a few people still in the classroom. She quickly ran over to you grasping onto your uniform rushing you out of the classroom.

"What's the big deal! It's only a practice game" you stated while being dragged through the halls.

—-
You two arrived at the gym, filled with squealing girls and sweaty boys.

"They really follow him around everywhere , don't they" Emmy said referring to Oikawa's fan girls. It confused you on why they worshiped such a boy.

You two picked a spot up top in perfect view. You quickly took your phone out to inform your brother on how to answer the door. You were still scared about the fact that a ball will come flying towards your face. You wanted to kneel down and let the bars protect you from any incoming missiles. But Emmy kept you from doing that by hitting you in the arm every time you tried to kneel.

"Karasuno has some cute guys" she said drooling over the new faces. "Like him" she pointed to a boy "And him" another boy "Oh and look at his hair" she was drooling over the boys like they were food. "We should come to games more often, if you know what I mean" she said laughing at herself.

You looked over the boys noticing that someone was missing "Hey where is Uglykawa" you asked turning to look at Emmy. She looked surprised.

"Oh your boyfriend hurt his knee. He never told you?"

You wanted to punch her square in the face for calling him your boyfriend. You ignored it and shook your head before turning back to the game. You tried your best to cover your face without Emmy noticing and occasionally you would kneel when a ball flies of the quart.

Volleyball was completely different when it was boys who were playing. You were wrong. It's like girls volleyball on steroids. Everyone's stronger which makes the game more intense. You hadn't noticed how good your friends were at volleyball. Especially Iwaizumi. He didn't always talk about volleyball but you knew he had a big passion for the sport. You wished he did talk more about himself and what made him happy but then again Iwaizumi didn't really talk much about himself.

The game was... boring. You still didn't talk a liking to the sport. But you ignored all that and tried your best to pay attention to what was happening because you knew it made your friends happy.

The game went smoothly without Oikawa, you didn't know he was gonna play. But when you heard all the girls start to squeal like pigs something in you told you he had arrived. You weren't wrong, in walked the king himself all smug. He wore a big grin and waved to all the girls smiling. It almost looked like he was looking for someone. You stared down at him, your arms resting on the bars. His eyes somehow found you, he noticed you staring and his smile grew bigger.

"Hello Y/n-Chan! Let's get ice cream together after, I have money from working so hard!" He said cheerfully like a little kid. 

You couldn't help but blush. You cursed yourself quietly before turning your head away quickly. Oikawa succeeded.

Before you knew it Oikawa was on the court. You have never seen someone as good as him. I guess all the hours he practiced payed off. Even though you knew barely anything about the game it was still cool to watch everything he did. He made the game more enjoyable. That was until it was his turn to serve. He stood at the end of the court, ball in hand, standing confidently. He mumbled something you couldn't hear and before you knew it the ball was in the air. It went flying through the air. It was almost intentionally, well it looked that way.

The ball hit you right square in the face, you fell on your butt from all the power being put in the ball. The ball bounced away. You looked up to see Emmy holding back her laughter.

"Oh my god" she mumbled out before letting all the laughter slip through her lips. Before you knew it everyone started laughing.

This is why you hated balls.

Everyone started whispering and laughing and you felt extremely embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry Y/n-Chan! I didn't think it was that hard" Oikawa yelled from the quart.

"Y/n that's what you get for making fun of my failing grade in math!" Yahaba stated.

You finally stood up and walked towards the railing "Tōru Oikawa! You owe me you asshole!" You yelled angrily gripping the bars.

The game went on, but you didn't stay to see how won.

"You so annoying I wanted to talk to that guy on Karasuno, you know the grey haired hottie" Emmy stated while sitting next to you on the bench.

"We are still here! Maybe they will come out of this exit" you said crossing your arms.

She made you stay and wait for the team so she could talk to the "grey haired hottie." You expected the karasuno boys to come out but instead out walked Crappykawa and Iwaizumi. When Oikawa saw you his eyes lit up and he started running towards you.

"I'm sorry Y/n-Chan" he said putting his hand on your shoulder "I didn't think I hit it that hard" he finished pouting like a puppy.

"YOU TARGETED ME, DIDN'T YOU!?!" You spat at him. He only smiled like a guilty child. "We can get ice cream now!" He patted your head gently, like a puppy.

"You owe me a gallon."
——
AN: I'm gonna post the next part right away so you can continue. Hope you are enjoying the story so far.