Hold Me

warnings: tiny scar mention! as well as dubcon, and really negative body image. both are resolved and nobody is harmed, but tw nonetheless :)

The next day starts with bright sun, and today it makes you smile. You turn over, looking at your phone. There's a text from Max today:

good luck today

It's simple, but he cares. You respond back.

don't overwork yourself mister

When you get ready to head to the studio, you think of Max, you think of him when you eat your breakfast, you think of him when you walk to the studio. He's on your mind, and you don't actually care that he's blanketing everything else. You don't mind your senses being numbed by Max. In fact, you don't really want it to stop. It's a good feeling, the anxiety in your stomach being replaced with fondness.

You bite your lip, and think of his words. You'll focus on the future when you get there. He has you for a short amount of time, and you shake your head, trying to rid yourself of too many thoughts.

The studio has the twelve people you emailed the previous night to cast, and you greet them all excitedly. When you see how good they already are, how good you all are together, it makes you feel so hopeful. You were really going to take thus group far.

The rehearsal ends and you establish a schedule, deciding to practice four times a week, and throw in the occasional weekend practice. You're packing your things up when someone clears your throat behind you.

"Thank you, ah, for casting me. I really appreciate it. This is kinda my first...important job," you hear a voice say, deep and gravelly. When you turn, a guy stands by the door. You remember his name, one of the most talented people in the company.

"No need to thank me, Xavier. You really deserve your spot here. I'm super honored you think this is something worth being apart of." You offer a smile, grabbing your bag and zipping it up. He smiles back.

"Yeah, thank you. Sorry I'm a little quieter when other people are here, but uh, I get nervous. I really just want to tell that, in the routine, after everyone moves to the right, I thought it would really get your um, your point across if the people who later get held up move to the right." His stance is confident, but the slight nervousness in his tone is evident. Nothing lined up with him, from the straight, dancer's posture in complete contrast of his deep, slightly commanding voice is profound. It takes you just a second before your mind wanders, and you remind yourself of what you technically have waiting at home for you.

"I...y'know what?" You think about his suggestion, and it actually makes a lot of sense. "That works really well. Can you...do you have a second? Maybe we can just try it and bring it to practice tomorrow if it really does work?"

He nods, raising an eyebrow and setting his things down. "Sure, here, so..." He runs through the steps quickly with you, and you nod.

"Okay, yeah. I like this. You were hiding genius, Xavier!" You grin, moving to the right to try it again. "Wait, can we try the lift?"

The two of you go through the steps over and over, deciding what you want and playing around with it, and in the end making the decision that just a few extra steps added to the number entirely. An hour passes, and when Xavier looks at you, he's just slightly broken a sweat. You grin.

"Don't forget who the pro is. You're really good though, incredible really. How old are you?" You ask, standing up straight and going to get your things again, sitting down and putting your street shoes back on.

He hums. "Twenty."

You cock your head. "Really? A year older than me? It makes sense of why you're so good though."