Star

"Now I Attack your life points directly."

I fell to the floor, my whole body skating as I frantically tried to rid myself of the tears and the pain. I could practically feel my brother's glare scorching through my soul. I could sense his disappointment in me as I failed. And us Kaiba's never failed.

Maybe it's because in my heart, I am not a Kaiba. I am a Butterfly. And Butterfly's fall. They fall all the time. But they'll only get back up and fly.

"Game. Over." I heard Marinette say with one of the harshest tones I have heard her use.

She strolled over to me. I looked up to her with tear-filled eyes, trying to blink them back. I now knew that everything I had said to her was out of spite... not protection.

She offered me her hand to help me stand up. I looked at it for a few moments before taking it and standing up. Our hands stayed in place as we both shook hands.
"I'm sorry Mari." I admitted.
"Apology accepted Butterfly," she whispered with a wink as we both made our way to the balcony.

The screen changed. But I didn't care. Marinette or Yugi would make things right again. And I could go back to being Star Butterfly. Not Star Kaiba.

I awkwardly took a seat next to Marinette. She gave me a smile of encouragement and we both focused our attention on MilleniaBug.

"Duellists!" she announced. "The first round of the finals have come to a close. It is now late so please make your way to your designated chambers!"
"We have designated chambers?" I heard Joey ask, imitating her voice but in a whisper. Mai chuckled before nodding.

The submarine began to wobble a bit but no one paid too much attention to it.
"Looks like I'm bunking with you... Marinette," I said with a nervous smile. Marco wrapped an arm around my shoulder.
"Don't forget about me!" scoffed Mai. I giggled a little.
"So. Who am I bunking with?" asked Joey, scratching his head.
"Yugi and Jaden."
"So who's Koyba with?" asked Joey, snickering.
"Kaiba," I said, pronouncing it correctly. "Is unfortunately bunked with Pegasus and Leon. But he'll most likely join Mokuba and stay up working all night."
"And Luka?" asked Marinette, searching for him with her eyes.
"Is also bunking with Mokuba," informed Yami.
"Ah ok."

We all made our way to our rooms. I flopped onto the bed in the middle.
"I was honestly not expecting that combo in our duel Mari. That was amazing!" I cried.
"Thanks. You were pretty good, what with Pixie Knight's effect," she said, sitting down on the bed to the right of mine.
"Believe me, I just had an unlucky hand. You haven't seen what my deck can do," I said with a smirk.
"I'll take you up on that. Duel?"
"I accept your duel. Let's duel!"
"Girls."

We both looked at Mai who was already in her pyjamas.
"A girl needs some beauty sleep around here and they have no sleeping masks. I do intend on sleeping so there will be no duelling tonight," she hissed as she got under her duvet.
"Aww," I whined sadly.
"Maybe tomorrow night? We'll go in the boys' room and have a mini friendly duel tournament in there," suggested Marinette.
"Great idea!" I said, perking up in excitement.

I rushed into the bathroom and changed into my pyjamas. As soon as I was out, Marinette went and did the same. I laid in bed and a couple minutes later, Marinette came out.

She turned the light out and got into her bed.
"Goodnight Mari," I said with a sigh.
"Goodnight Star," she said happily.
"Goodnight Mai. Oh goodnight too," mumbled Mai unhappily.
"Goodnight Mai," we said at the same time.
"Goodnight you two," she said with a chuckle.

I heard Marinette giggle before saying,"Goodnight to you too Yugi." I frowned in confusion. "Go back in my head. I'll meet you there."

I was a little confused but shrugged it off and fell asleep.