CHAPTER TWELVE: BELOW

*P.O.V Change - 3rd person Dinah*

Where was she? They'd been on break for at least twice the amount they'd allotted because they couldn't find her. It was so frustrating, having to sit there while the guards looked for her - they were all best friends, why couldn't they help?! Yeah, yeah. She knew they couldn't help because they were at one of their concerts, and they couldn't afford to be spotted or trampled or lost. Whatever. Then she realised something. She hadn't seen Jackson since before the concert.
She ran to side-stage, but he wasn't there. She asked the stagehands, but they didn't know either. They also told her Camila had come around asking similar questions not too long ago. "Guys!" She exclaimed, bursting into the room where they'd been told to wait. "He's gone, nobody's seen him since the second song! She's gone looking for him!"

"Whoa, whoa! Dinah, what're you talking about?"

"Jackson! He'd disappeared, Camila's gone looking for him!"

"Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit! She should've watched her stressors more!"

"What're you talking about, Lauren?"

"She'd been having trouble with being over-stressed again... When she stresses himself too much, she blacks out. That's why we can't reach her. She stressed herself too much looking for him, and now she's blacked out in some corridor! Idiot!"

"C'mon, girls. We have to help!"

"But how? We can't go looking for him, security will freak on us!" They all sat around thinking for a while.

"Well... Let's find Jackson for him! He should be there when she wakes up, he should be there while she's recovering. He needs to be there, for his sake and hers. We need to find him!" The other girls agreed, and they set to work on their mission. They started a list of places she could be.

"Bathrooms."

"Tour bus"

"Corridors?"

"That's a large field, but yeah. It goes on the list."

"Guys... What if he left the stadium, what if he's wandering about outside?" They all shuddered thinking about it. Sure, they hadn't been too nice to him in the beginning, but now, he was Camila's boyfriend. They knew she needed him, and he needed her. They would make things right.

"Dressing rooms?" That was the last suggestion for a while... They were stumped. Where could he be?

"Hey... did he watch us go below stage? I can't remember..."

"Yeah, he did. I'm certain of it."

"Could he be there?"

"Six options, two large-scale. Ally, you want to check out the bathrooms?" She nodded. "Lauren, Normani,  you guys check out dressing rooms and backstage stuff, 'kay?" The three left the room. After a moment, she did too. She quickly made her way to below stage, and sat there for a minute, letting her eyes adjust. When she could vaguely see, she crawled around for a bit, looking for clues as to if he was there or not. She heard muttering, but that could be from up on the stage, but then she also made out the shape of a guy, curled up in a ball against the wall. She listened to what she was saying. Actually, it was more singing, but still.

"Who are you today

Will you be the sun

Or the pouring rain."

He stopped singing and buried his face into his hands.

"Hey, Jackson?"

"Just leave." His hands still holding his face.

"Jackson, I need to talk to you. Can we talk?"

Silence.

"Okay, well, will you listen?" He didn't respond. It was worth a shot... "Sean, Camila really loves you. Very much."

"No."

"Yes, she does. And I know you love him too." She paused, but he didn't say anything. "Why are you down here?"

"Couldn't."

"You couldn't watch?"

"Couldn't."

"Jackson, Mila was broken when you walked away. She would've run off stage, but she couldn't. She... We wouldn't let him. I'm sorry. But when we took our break, she was off like a shot. We haven't seen her for at least thirty minutes, and Lauren told us about her blackouts. We... we know we shouldn't have pressured her so much. We also know that, right now, she's out there somewhere, blacked out." His face emerged, eyes widened. "We think you should be there when we find her, when she wakes up. You'll be the only thing she wants right now. Please?" Wordlessly, he began crawling toward the exit. She followed. Suddenly, he got a text from Normani. 'Found her. Corridor E.' They had to hurry up. She texted back: 'Have him. Coming.' "Let's go."