C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

"Now shall we?"

I GULPED UNINTENTIONALLY  and looked anywhere but his eyes. His booted shoes walked across the room and sat down beside me on the bed. We weren't touching but the distance between us wasn't much either. The hairs on my body stood up in anticipation.

"I am aware you have remembered somethings in the past but that was the old me. A lot has happened over the years you've been away. I've moved on from that and the queen called it off" He sounded off and distant.

The blade of his small dagger winked at me as if telling me 'you've got this'. I wanted to say something but I couldn't utter a sound. This was all too much to take in at once and like Kellyn would say; never cry in front of the person who hurt you. It was safe to assume we both had serious pride issues.

Cold air gust through the agape window and I could feel my hair billowing behind me graciously. The gold hair dancing tentatively in the wind.

"Say something" Corey pleaded.

"There is nothing to say. If this is how it goes, so be it" I smell pride stinking all over the words I just said. I gathered my gown in my dainty hands and stood up. Neck up, shoulders high.

I was about to barricade my way out of the room angrily when he held me back. He clasped my arm firmly in one of his large palms. Contrary to what I thought earlier, his hands were rough and calloused, no doubt, from frequent practice. A violent wind tore through the open window and whistled into the room. Like a melody for lovers who were too proud and stubborn.

"You do not know me. You don't know what I am. It will be best to stay away from me." He said again and I looked down at the point where our skin connected. Bronzed skin against pale almost ashen skin. He had purple eye bags under his eyes which was more than enough proof that he hadn't been resting properly.

"How do you know that I won't accept you. You have always been stupidly selfless from the start, playing the part of some tragic hero" I seethed and he chuckled.

"It's for your protection this time around. You are too valuable for what you want to get yourself into. If I do need an heir, Raekav will do"

Hot anger seared within me and I felt my palms getting hot while his felt cold to the touch. Water and fire.

"We have a blood bond. Certainly you can't ignore that" I quipped.

"For now, we are normal people. Strangers. Let us focus on getting to Fae first and all will be explained to you" He sighed. I weighed my options thoughtfully becore deciding to agree with a nod.

Whoever knew what my mom had in store for us?

She had always been a secretive one, strong and determined too. She knew too much.

"How is Cal? I honestly don't know what happened to me then. I remember feeling angry and frustrated and soon after that, all I could see was red. Hot rage" I guiltily explained, looking down at my bare feet.

"Ah yes! Calivie is doing quite fine judging on the situation you left him in. His heart wasn't pierced so by now, he should have begun regenerating. I know what happened. You just experienced your awakening for the first time. You should read about it I'm sure Cali would understand just fine"

"Do you think he'll ever forgive me?"

"Of course" Rey smiled slightly at me and I got lost in his deep blue eyes. Then it turned to a crimson red and I stumbled back in shock.

"What was that?" I wanted to ask but the sudden tilt of the ship to the right side left me speechless for a while. It wasn't long before we heard panic outside  the room.