C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N

Hello guys!
Late update cause your favourite author (me) fell sick. But I'm getting better.
Okay so first off, thank you guys for getting this book to 1k reads!! I am so excited and happy to the point of tears. Thank y'all so much, this means the world to me. Each vote, comment and read puts a smile on my face.
To celebrate this, the first three comments get a follow from this account, a shout out and I will read and vote on any book they are working on.
Just 3!
But if perhaps you came late and the three spots are filled, I may do same to you.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I WOKE UP with a jolt before rushing to the chamber pot at the far corner of the room and emptying the contents of my stomach.  Beads of sweat formed on my forehead and my whole body felt hot. I took my time to inspect the room and realised this wasn't my cabin. The cinnamon scent that hung heavy in the air was enough affirmation I needed. The room had very dull colours but looked majestic in every possible way.

My hand went up to my forehead where I felt a bandage. Agonizingly, the events that happened rushed into my head as a violent wave rocked the ship. I remember hitting my forehead against the wall before I passed out and I was surprised the lisser hadn't done any damage to me. My skin looked soft and smooth, no injuries, nothing! Heavy footsteps approached the door and I twisted towards it in fear. I didn't know what the situation was and if lissers were still present, I would want to have a fair chance at killing them. With that thought in mind, I reached for my sword but my hand came in contact with soft silky material. I looked down and realised I was dressed in a nightwear. Damn it!

Chirrietta! I hissed in alarm just as the door knob twisted but I couldn't feel her presence around me. The damn lock!

Just as the intruder stepped in, I threw a pillow at it yelling my battle cry like a maniac. Honeyed laughter danced into my ears.

"Really? That would be your defense?" Calvin mocked with a playful smirk on his lips.

On seeing him, I ran towards him, melting into his embrace. I had missed him so much.

"Woah you must have really missed me. You've been out for six days. Rae refused to heal you, she kept yapping about some deal she made with you so we had to leave you to recover by yourself. Kadja sensed you were awake so she sent me to check on you" He explained, his green eyes twinkled.

A snarl covered my features when I heard the name of that damn witch. That seductress and traitor.

"She didn't betray us kira. She's completely cut off from her evil sister just relax"

"What about the lissers?" I asked hurriedly in an attempt to change the subject.

"They were here for Charles of course but we defeated them. Well not actually us, something strange happened. Lightning struck them all at the same time and they fell to the ground as ashes. It was terrifying. Kadja has looked into the case and we have concluded that we got help from above. That aura was too strong" he explained expertly.

Nerd.

But I knew what it was. That thing came from me but I was too scared to say a word so I just nodded at him.

"What of kellyn?" I asked tentatively

"She's doing great. A few scratches here and there but she's all good. You should change and  come on deck soon. We're on the outskirts of Fae now. Soon, we'll be in your mother's palace."

My eyes flickered to the door briefly before I decided to do as Calvin said. The walk back to my room was silent and thankfully, the crew men weren't on the corridors. I wouldn't want them to see me like this. I slipped into the bathroom and scrubbed myself clean before wearing my signature leather pants and black vest with heavy boots. I combed through my hair and packed it in a neat bun. I noted that I looked very beautiful today. Advantages of a good rest I guess.