I

"Now, Lorna, I expect you to behave. I allowed you to accompany me because I trust you to be the proper Lady you are." My father sat before me, hand against his face pensively.

"Father, Have I been nothing but an absolute pleasure?" I smiled coyly.

He rolled his eyes and looked out of the ships window, onto the docking bay. We had just arrived at the First Order's Starkiller base. 

"General Hux is a young man. Try not to bother him too much, he may become infatuated." Father warned, smiling to himself. 

"I'm not very interested in stuffy First Order men." I giggled to myself. 

"Well, I suppose our neutral planet will remain that way. That's what I intend, at the very least." Father's eyes scanned the ship, watching the workers on the Starkiller base go about their business. 

"I have my own opinions, but I don't dare share them with such men." I stared out the window with him. "I could never learn to live with a man with such morals." 

Our ships door opened, a ramp sliding down onto the metal floor of the bay. 

"I suppose it's time." Father smiled at me and stood up, wobbling a bit. He smoothed his graying hair back and straightened his coat. I took a deep breath and stood as well, adjusting my dress so it lay even. 

I followed my father off the ship. We were greeted with a few young men, of varying ranks. Two stormtroopers stood by them. One of the men walked to us, smiling. He had red hair and deathly pale skin. 

"Welcome, Lord Felaeon, to Starkiller Base." He said with confidence. 

"Thank you, General Hux. May I introduce my daughter?" Father smiled to the General, touching my arm gently to move forward. "This is Lorna Felaeon. She's accompanied me to further her interests in politics." 

I bowed my head to General Hux, signifying respect. Respect of which I did not yet feel. He seemed to light up after hearing my fathers introduction of me. 

"Lady Lorna, it's a pleasure to have you here. Feel free to make use of our base as you please." He bowed his head to me. 

I was pleased to hear this. I looked around me as my father and the men talked to one another. Above us were skywalks and floors of working people, seemingly going on forever. Walls of black and chrome stretched so high it was endless. Everything was organized and purposeful, stormtroopers and generals were training. Technicians walked around quickly, talking over the hum of engines and computers. I followed my father and the men, bored by their conversations.

Father knows I didn't have an interest in politics, but I was expected to become a diplomat in his likeness. However, I wished to travel the galaxy. I wanted to see as many planets as I could, meeting people from all over. Becoming a diplomat would be boring, but at least it includes traveling. 

"Lady Lorna, would you like to tour the Starkiller base?" General Hux woke me from my daydreaming. "Your father and I must discuss private matters."

"Oh, yes. I would love that." I smiled to him. 

"Wait here, I will call for someone to come show you around." The General exited, his stormtroopers following him. 

"Wait here." My father winked to me and laughed softly, following General Hux as well. 

No one could understand me as well as Father. Once they were out of sight, I calmly walked off on my own. I wandered down the hallway, gently touching the cold walls as I went. I found a staircase and ascended, humming to myself. Windows graced the stairwell, showing the vast landscape of the base. I stopped at a window, pressing my hands against the window ledge, peering out. I liked to imagine I was visiting ancient temples and castles while I accompanied Father. I didn't want every visit to be a stark, unfeeling military base. I wanted mysterious and luxurious landscapes. I was an adult now, but I still imagined exploring jungles and deserts like a dangerous smuggler or an adventurer.