IV

Another nightmare of the mask.

I dreamt of it again, staring at me in my sleep. It tore into my brain. Why must he enter my consciousness even at night? I was being tortured by him. Plagued by his image, his smell, and my disdain.

I received a holocron from Father that morning. Sitting in my room, I decided I was ready to listen to his message.

A small image of Father errupted from the holocron. He was weathered looking, worried about something. My jaw clenched as I prepared myself.

"Lorna, my darling. I do not wish to concern you, but the situation here is worse than I imagined. Our people are rallying with the rebels. Every day I think back on my decisions to negotiate with the First Order. I thought our safety would be more valuable than false hope, but now I realize maybe hope is all we have. Continue your stay at the Starkiller base to not raise suspicions. Do as you are told. I will return for you within a few weeks. I love you, Lorna- my beautiful and clever child."

My fathers image disappeared. My head in my hands, I thought about the danger Father and I could be in. I knew of the whispers about General Organa and the Republic. The resistance was gaining traction quickly.

It was bittersweet. The selfish part of me was worried for Father and I, but I hated the First Order. My political opinions laid with the Resistance and I wished only for their success. If that success included my home, I thought we should contribute.

My thoughts arrived to the Commander and the General. A man who wanted nothing but my friendship and another who wished for me to vanish. I was caught in the ether of this place. Maybe Kylo Ren was right, I wasn't wanted here. Maybe he would send me home- to safety, to Father.

~~~

I decided that day was to be spent laying low. I would watch the technicians scurry about, working and yelling to each other. I sat in a closed off balcony, looking over them. They seemed happy in their comradeship, separate from the rest of the First Order. Technicians straightened up as their superiors stopped by, checking on the ships. I wondered if anyone truly wanted to be here.

Becoming lost in my thoughts, I blankly stared out over the black and chrome hanger bay. Memories of my last normal day with Father, assuming this visit would be just as normal as all the others, came back to me. Now, those memories felt like a whisper against the way thoughts of the Commander would slither their way into my dreams.

"Felaeon."

I snapped out of the trance I was in, turning to see Kylo Ren. I let out a sigh.

"You've taken you addressing me in a much more casual manor today." I said.

"What have I told you about interfering with daily operations?" Kylo Ren said, coming close to me in order to assert himself.

"I'm doing nothing but watching. Must everything I do be wrong in your eyes?" I smiled.

He stood still, which meant he was bothered. He was without his cloak again, revealing his shape. He called me simply by my last name; no 'Lady' prefix nor the absolute informal of simply calling me by 'Lorna'. It was as if him meeting with me wasn't ceremonious but also not at all relaxed.

"If I see you walking about, doing nothing but daydreaming- it's a distraction." He said, looking over the hanger bay.

"To the technicians or simply to you?" I held in a chuckle.

"You are a loud girl. Not in speech but in thought. I feel it the moment you walk into a room." He spoke quickly, venom in his words.

"Am I to sit in my room all day? You seek me out, Commander. Do you believe I wish to run into a man who wants nothing more than to complain about me?" I snapped at him.