Prologue

Glow-Up Series #1:    
Prisoner Of My Own Pains

DISCLAIMER:
This book a fictional book, any names, characteristics, places, or person who may have the same things with my characters are not connected to the real world.

This book is not affiliated with universities, schools, or restaurants and brands that will be mentioned in the story.

This story may mention mature contents or false language that is not suitable for young ages. Please read at your own risk.

__________

"Happy to say Ms.Laura, wala po kayong kahit anong schedule for today."

My secretary/ personal assistant said, smiling. The side of my lips rise a bit and look at his direction.

I adjusted my sun glasses "Are you sure?" I asked and he nodded checking once again my schedule

"Sure maam, none.. as in wala talaga.. clear. Maam, hindi naman na ganun ka tight and schedule niyo katulad ng dati." He said showing me his iPad while his email is flash in the screen. I smiled thinking all the things i can do today.

Just for this day, this day is the only day I'll be free. Because I'm sure tomorrow I'll be busy as heck again. I was busy these days, since I'm back here, the news immediately spread around the country. So I got invited to talk shows and some interviews. Akala ko pa naman ay makakapag pahinga agad ako.

"Phone." I said to my PA, he immediately search for my phone inside my bag. When he found it he handed it to me.

I opened my phone and immediately tap on Messenger app. My brows furrowed as I saw the last message sent in that our group chat.

The last message in that group chat is when I called when I was still in New York which is almost 2 weeks ago.

Heck, are they that busy?

I shook my head and started typing..

From Laura The Richest Bitch:
Hey guys, I'm free today, I have nothing to do. Any plans?

After I tap send I look if who's online right now. Its only Ali And Gwen who's online except me.

I got excited when I saw Ali have already seen my message.

I pursed my lips as she started typing.

From The girl who puts ketchup on her noodles:
I don't know, wait for the others to reply. I'm in naman kung meron.

Ali replied, I sigh and lean on the chair of my Mercedes Bens.

From Laura The Richest Bitch:
Ali, aren't you and Gwen work at the same hospital? Can you ask her, she's not replying or even reading kasi.

I hit send and look outside, I realized how Philippines changed. After staying in New York for 7 years feels different. Roads are much better, wider and cleaner. Not much traffic just like before.

It just feels so different, the moment my plane landed here a week. I already feel excited. To meet again my friends and have fun. But it seems that they're busy. And so I am. That's why I wasn't able to meet them immediately. I had to fix things in my condo and other things. So today that I have nothing to do, I can finally meet them.

I snap out of my thoughts as my phone beeped

From The girl who puts ketchup on her noodles:
She's busy rn, even the whole hospital. May aksidente kasi sa may bandang Apex, gotta go, I'm needed as well.