Chapter 3

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Hope everyone is doing fine! So here goes Chapter 3 ⬇️

••—••—••

<Edited>

~*One year later*~

Sana's PoV

I was lying on my bed scrolling through my Instagram when Mom burst through the door. She was looking very happy, seeing her happy a smile grew on my face as well.

"As-salamu Alaykum Mom" I greeted her.

"Wa-Alaykum Salam my dear child" she replied and paused a bit "So how are you holding up after the umm... incident"

Here it goes again.

The question I had to hear every time, the question that haunts me every night whenever. I try to sleep, the question which makes me question myself what am I doing here...still alive? That one question which I have to answer every time in a lie like I told my parents every day;

"I am fine Mom, much better than before"

Only if you could know what I am going through, I am not okay, I am sad, upset, torn in between the thin line of life and death, I am devoid of any emotion. I don't know what to feel anymore. My fiance died and people expect me to be fine, to move on.

That's freaking impossible!

"Oh great then," Mom said cheerfully clapping her hands. She looks way too happy for a mother whose daughter is in pain and she can't even see that.

"Your dad and I decided to have dinner outside today..." she said.

"Well that's-" she held up her hand to stop me from speaking.

"With the Habibs"

Oh No!

I bit my lip to stop from crying.

Mom opened the wounds of my heart that weren't even fully healed yet.

"Why? With them?" I asked her quietly.

"We are going to discuss something Sana, which, by the way, is very important"

"But can't you and Dad go? I mean I don't need to tag along as well right?"