• 011

The orange rays collided with the blue starry night, creating a beautiful horizon of pink hues that softly shined against your skin. It was a nice feeling; walking to school this early in the morning.

But of course, it wasn't a choice you wanted to make, it was a choice you needed to make.

The Debate Competition is today.

Lying to Jimin about rejecting the offer made you feel bad—although you really thought about rejecting it until he said he was competing—but he wouldn't know anyways.

or would he?

Your mind wandered off to the moment he said he would know, that if he would feel that 'something' with someone then he would know it was you.

Will he really?

The thought of it made you smile, and somehow you're excited to meet him without actually telling him it was you. But the anxiousness of actually seeing his reaction made you reluctant.

Opening the doors of the debate club, you looked around to see if members of your team has arrived. One did, and of course it had to be Jimin.

You gave him a small smile and bowed as a greeting which he returned politely. "Is mod here yet?" You tried to strike a conversation, comfortably laying down on the beige-colored couch and closed your eyes. Waking up this early wasn't all that nice when your head starts to hurt.

Jimin—unlike you—was formally seated on the round table in the middle of the room, reading something on a paper. "She was, but she left to get something from her office."

You hummed to acknowledge his reply, silence followed after. Your calm and cool demeanor contrasted the fuzzy and warm feeling of your heart.

You don't like him, Aly.

Hearing the doors of the room open, you assumed it was Hana—the club moderator. "Oh, good morning A—"

"Morning Hana." The stiff words left your mouth without thought, your eyes sharply darted to hers as you internally panicked for a second. That was dangerously close, but your slightly older friend didn't seem to get the hidden meaning.

"This is Park Jimin," She politely gestured at the boy. "Jimin, this is—"

"Lee Naeun." You quickly interrupted, preventing Hana from revealing your english name. Since your father is American, you got used to him calling you by your American name. So you only let the closest of people call you Aly, and Hana, is one of them.

She gave you a confused look but thankfully brushes it aside, "Did you have breakfast yet?" Only then did you noticed the paper bags she placed on the round table. "I got drinks, here's your favorite banana milkshake." She handed you the tall cup and a black straw, before giving Jimin his.

"Thank you." Jimin mumbled and gave her a small smile before averting his attention back on the papers infront of him.

Hana looked at you with furrowed brows, "You really love bananas don't you? You could be a monkey at this point." She teased, seeing you continously sip on your drink that was almost halfway through. You gave her a glare, not wanting to take your mouth off the sweet taste.

You only stopped when Jimin glanced your way. What, what, what. Am I being weird? Did I do something off?

Clearing your throat, you composed yourself and slowly placed your drink on a small table by your side. Worried he might find you a bit.. unusual or.. ungirly as others say.

As more and more members arrived, the less you had to interact with Jimin. Which was both relieving and disappointing. The competition was held at the auditorium and so, when everyone was present, Hana led the way to prepare.

All Jimin ever did was read the papers he had meanwhile all you ever did was watch him do so. You thought about it for a bit, before finally deciding to send him a text.

6:34am

You: goodluck :))

You casually watch his reaction as he grabbed his phone from his pockets, checking what caused it to vibrate. Seeing how he slightly grinned made your heart skip a beat.

He typed something before placing the phone back into his pockets.

Never in your life, did you imagine two very simple words with a smiley at the end would make your whole body shiver.

Ex: you too :)