Is It Fun?

Word count; 734

Word count; 734

A Pro Hero

A Pro Hero. That's what Izuku Midoriya had grown up to be. Not just any pro hero, but the new symbol of peace. 

And he couldn't deny how much he loved his job, even if it was a stressful one. He had been called in to a unexpected mission by his agency.

So here he was. Helping his fellow comrades and old classmates take down a bunch of villains. But, what he wasn't expecting was an old classmate, one that had reportedly gone missing several years ago in the USJ attack to be back.

But back as a villain.

The two of them fought in hand to hand combat a couple of times, Y/N and Izuku being paired for training exercises or when they spared together. 

The two of them were close friends for the short amount they had known each other at U.A before she disappeared, or... taken from them.

In the short time Izuku even grew a crush on the young lady. Her returning his feelings, but without him knowing. S

o it was quite the surprise when he had found her helping the League Of Villains hatch their new plan. Though it clearly wasn't against her own accord.

"Y/N?!" Izuku asked, startled as the girl ripped her mask off that was already damaged and torn. "I don't go by Y/N anymore, it's V/N (Villain Name) to you, Deku." She spoke, his hero name rolling off her tongue with such venom laced in her voice.

The two of them soon got into a hand to hand combat fight like old times. Soon enough, Y/N had Izuku cornered against the wall, her dagger pointing at his neck.

"Finish the job." She said to herself out loud, shoving the dagger closer to his neck. But suddenly, she took her guard down.

 Her facial expression softened and she looked at him, with curiosity and almost fear in her eyes.

"Is it... fun? Being a hero?" Y/N asked softly, almost cocking her head to the side slightly. Izuku was shocked at her question, "of course it's fun!" He said quietly.

"Are you happy?" She asked again. "I am happy." He replied, a small smile forming on his face, even in a time like this. 

"You say that just like everyone else! Can't we talk?" She said-asked, tilting her head slightly more. 

"About what?.." Izuku questioned warily, still keeping his guard up slightly but for the most part he relaxed. "It's thrilling right? You enjoy it right?" entreated.

Izuku nodded slowly. "Ever since I became a hero, I'm the happiest I've ever been.." He started.

 "I'm glad I met everyone." He continued . "I... I'm... I'm finally not alone." He smiled warmly.

 "Y/N, you don't have to do this! You could be a great hero!" He said, slowly reaching out to her.

"Don't touch me!" She hissed. Her eyes started brimming with tears. "Don't you get it Izuku?! I do have to do this! They forced me to be like this! I can't leave! I'm trapped here!" She yelled, her breathing grew heavy. 

"They... they won't let me leave! I've been abused! Manipulated! Tortured! Just so they can have me with them!" She cried.

Izuku looked at her, his own eyes filling with tears. "We can help you! We can save you from this life you're living, you just have to trust me! I promise you, we'll find a way out of this together." He whispered. She looked at him, tears falling from her eyes. 

"Y/N... " He tried to reach out to her again. "Forget it... forget me!" She cried, dropping her dagger and fleeing from the scene. Izuku was left there, stunned at what he had just heard.

He didn't go after her, only stating she had gotten away before he could reach her. He never did tell anyone what she had told him. 

But he knew silently, he had a new mission. A mission to find her, a mission to fix that broken girl that the League Of Villains broke. 

And he would do anything it took to get her back.