Chapter XX -Heartbreak-

The grim reaper looked eerily at me as I entered the the shop. Every corner is covered in cotton and spiders, fake blood placed on every skeleton and all over the figurines, bats hanged at the top, dried flowers used as a confetti, lights dimmed giving the place a soft glow. Carved pumpkins whether small or big on every table and candles placed inside to give it a lively look.

I arrived here earlier to change into my costume and with the help of Joville's artistic skills in makeup I was able to pull it off. I am dressed in my costume and to add effect, I'm carrying a ringmasters cane and the top hat completed the whole look. I supervised every corner of this shop from food down to the entertainment section, and with the help of the team, things went on smoothly so far.

"Are you going to hit me with that whip?" Joville eyed my fearfully. I stepped closer to her threateningly playing along.

"Disobey me and I will" in my most dark and cold voice. Joville bit her lip.

"Oh my god that was so ugh" I laughed playfully cringing at the moment.

"You did look convincing though" Joville laughed along.

"Nah, whipping and all that weird shit is not my thing" I shuddered.

Joville shrugged and turned her attention to her clipboard. She looked like a goddess who rose from the grave in her costume. With the smoky eye,her eyebrows perfectly trimmed, the gold headdress, gold from top to bottom. She did really well in her make up, even her skin is glowing, when light hits her the golden flakes makes her sparkle even more. I took a moment to appreciate her physique, absorbing every detail there is.

"You look stunning, Cleopatra" oh no, my brain and tongue are not cooperating again. Joville looked up surprised.

"You look jaw dropping as well, Ringmaster" she winked and walked towards the food section.

The party is slowly starting to fill with people but I haven't seen Mr. and Mrs. Blossom yet, maybe they'll be here a bit later. I walked over to Dan and Jane who was in reception, in charge of whoever was entering. Both of them looked terrifying as well, with their pale and shiny complexion. Joville insisted she wanted it shiny because as for her, Draculas look so handsome and pretty that they spark. Fangs with fake blood, and completing the look is their cape. They look good together, real life draculas.

"Hey badass ringmaster, any targets for that whip?" why is it they always notice the whip. Jane looked at Dan teasingly, Dan looked at me warningly.

"Would you like to whip someone tonight Mrs. Dracula?" I looked at Dan smirking.

"Ha ha joke all you want Art, karma might be a bitch sometimes" Dan crossed his arms on his chest

Jane and I laughed playfully "What did I do?"

"Enjoying yourselves I see, what an amazing transformation you've done" and there stood Mr. and Mrs. Blossom in their own costume. The three of us stood straighter than usual keeping a straight face.

"Good evening Ma'am, Sir. We were waiting for you" Jane politely greeted them.

"Good evening to you three, where are the others? How are things? Are our guests being taken care of?" Mr. Blossom inquired.

"Joville is by the food stand supervising and Reese is on the DJ booth assisting" I smiled at them.

"You outdid yourself on this event Ringmaster, job well done" Mr. Blossom nodded approvingly and Mrs. Blossom looked around appreciatively.