Chapter Two

Seventeen Years Ago..

His hand traveled up the length of my dress, his palm flat against my skin as he was laying in between my knees. My left arm was wrapped around his neck with my right hand cupping his face while his lips attacked my own. Our tongues glided along each other, our hips pushing to get closer. I moaned when his hand slid up my thigh and covered my behind, lifting it up so we aligned and rubbed against the other.

My eyes opened briefly as his lips went south, going for my throat. With my head tilted back I had a full view of the night sky, my mind foggy from lust. When I saw a white light burning bright and covering quick distance in record time I sat straight up and nearly knocked Sam over.

"What's wrong baby?" He asked, looking alarmed with worry. His voice was both groggy and held a slight slur of breathlessness from our make out session, I giggled.

"Look," I pointed to the fast moving light. "What is that?" I asked with a matching breathlessness to my words.

Sam heaved a sigh, "Seriously Maya? It's a shooting star." I could tell he was a bit disappointed, my parents have been keeping is apart with their hassling me, we haven't had much time to ourselves for awhile. I shook it away, unable to shake the fascination with the mysterious light.

"No,no look," I persisted while turning his head back up. "Its moving downward not across," I said with a streak of stubbornness.

"Well I don't kn-"

He was cut off as the light reached the ground a distance away, landing with a crash loud enough to wake anyone miles on miles away. You could see the dust and smoke floating in the air, rising high into the night, reaching for the twinkling stars as though it was its life mission.

"Holy sh-," again I cut in but with a stern glare then with words. "I mean.. snicker doodles," he amended. I smiled.

"Come on! Let's go see what it is!" I scrambled up and started to run in the direction of the unknown falling object thingy but stopped in thought. I wonder what it is.. a mediator? No.. maybe. I giggled.

Another sigh, "What is it now Maya? More thoughts about flying marshmallows?" He teased.

"No!" I shouted, "I'm never telling you what I think about ever again if your going yo keep being a butt face!" I squinted in accusation and crossed my arms with a pout.

"Your seventeen and your calling me a butt face?" He shook his head with a look of confusion and released another one of his known sighs. "Sometimes I wonder how I ended up with someone so immature," he said.

"Well, sometimes I wonder how I'm with someone who sighs so fudging much," I bounced back with a poke to his chest.

"Oh come on, I don't sigh that much. And even if I did it's only be-"

"This is a conversation we can save for a in the future rainy day, okay? Now, lets go see what the big falling light thingy is," I shouted out with anxiety and excitement.