Chapter 2

"I'm still so surprised that the sole heir of the Hwang family actually wants a disgrace like you as his spouse. I actually feel bad for the poor boy who will have to spend his whole life with you" Mrs Kim says slapping Seungmin who had his head down.

Seungmin was also surprised that he was chosen to be the husband of someone who is so powerful. He really felt even more burdened.

What if he is just like my parents? What if he regrets marrying me?

"Well boy, you'll have to serve your husband so that he'll have no complaints. I mean, he's the son of the esteemed Hwang family, you'll never be up to his standards. It's such a shame that Woojin is already married to Chan or  we'd never have to give the hand of a disappointment in marriage to someone like Hwang Hyunjin" his father says harshly

"Yes,father" Seungmin croaks out

"Your wedding will be one month from now. Your brother and his husband will be here by next week. You should learn to be a good husband by then. Being relatives with the Hwang family is such a great opportunity for our business so don't mess this up for us" Mr Kim adds on and then dismissed Seungmin to his room

Seungmin went up to his room and closed his door before sliding down the door. Seungmin laid his head down on his knees and soon he felt tears running down his cheeks.

Why did I have to be born in a family like this!? Why can't I have a loving family too? Why do my parents hate me so much?

Seungmin never got his answers inspite of the many years of asking the same questions again and again.

Will I even be happy in this marriage? And so what if I don't? It's not like my parents will let me live if I mess up this marriage.
I...what if I become a burden on even my husband? He seems like a good guy but I don't want to ruin his life too.

Seungmin cried himself to sleep again, just like the many other nights. Seungmin never received the love of his parents. For him, the idea of someone loving him was so impossible.

He'd soon find the right person though. The person who would give him all the love in this world.

After a week

Woojin and Chan had arrived at the Kim family condo to help in the preparation of Seungmin's wedding.

Woojin was surprised that Seungmin had agreed to the marriage. But then again, Seungmin was too much of a soft-spoken and obedient child since he was young. He was naive, innocent and too fragile for this cruel world. He knew that even if he didn't like it, Seungmin would never object his parents' decisions.

That's why, he had to talk to Seungmin before the marriage. Before it's too late.

Woojin entered Seungmin's room to find him flipping through some wedding suit designs. He knocked on the door that was left open to get Seungmin's attention.

"Oh hey hyung... Do you need something?" Seungmin asks smiling at his brother

"Yeah Minnie...I actually need to talk to you about something"

"What is it?"

Woojin goes to sit beside Seungmin

"Seungmin, tell me truthfully...are you happy with this marriage? You haven't been forced to do this, right?" Woojin asks looking into Seungmin's eyes hoping to see if he was lying or not

Seungmin wished he could tell his brother the truth. That no, he didn't want to get married. That he was being married against his will. But Seungmin knew that Woojin had the utmost respect for their parents and he couldn't let his image of them be destroyed because of him.

So he mustered up the most convincing smile he could.

"Yeah hyung. I'm happy with this marriage. I'm not being forced. I agreed to this on my own"

Woojin felt like Seungmin was lying but if his brother says he's fine then he'll have to believe him.

"Okay then..I'm happy for you Minnie." Woojin says ruffling Seungmin's hair fondly

"Thanks hyungie..."

Seungmin would never have imagined that in a few weeks from now, he would be leaving this hell to find heaven with someone who was a stranger to him now.

So that's all for tonight! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! It's quite short but I hope you liked it! See you next chapter!

❤️❤️❤️💞