Reality

“The trick to surviving an interrogation is patience. Don’t offer up anything. Don’t explain. Answer the question and only the question that is asked so you don’t accidentally put your head in a noose.”

― Laurie Halse Anderson, The Impossible Knife of Memory

“Everyone wanted answers I wasn't ready to give.”

― Lucy Christopher, Stolen: A Letter to My Captor

We arrived shortly in front of a door.

“Please provide ones designation and occasion” the door’s voice system explained

“Sarah Elizabeth Effler bringing 8214 for examination” replied Sarah in such a nonchalant manner.

“Access granted"

“Just walk right in there and wait” she instructed, immediately turning and walking away.

You looked around the room you stepped in, it looked like a well constructed office

You acknowledge the fact that you were not the only person in the room. There was a very slender looking woman sitting down in her chair. Her skin represented fawn in a very soft way.

“Good morning, my name is Horel Shaw. I'll be your observer for today, all you need to do is pay close attention and listen.” Said the woman

“Okay” you agreed

“Now, I’m going to ask you a couple of questions.”

“Do you know what you are?

“What do you mean?”

“Miss (y/l/n) it is a yes or no question”

letting out a deep sigh in annoyance you answered, “no”

“Miss (y/l/n) what would you say if I told you you weren't human?"

You remain silent already knowing where this conversation was going.

“Admit Miss,” she said as she leaned closer to me

“No”

“ You know at least one point in your life you did something that did not fit the traits of what it means to be a homosapien”

“ Remember, go deep inside your mind-correct me if I’m wrong-don’t you remember that little girl who use to dream of flying” You stood still watching her rise from her chair walking toward you, noticing how you were on the bridge of tears “ I see that you’ve locked up those memories”

“Stop! My mom gave birth to me, my dad-”

“It was a dream, a lie, a cover; you dream it for yourself because the truth was to trech-”

“ENOUGH!!!” you screamed then, sadness replaced with angered.

“Well,” said Horel “Miss (y/l/n), you’ll be needed in the cafeteria, all the supernaturals will be having breakfast”

You turned around ready to leave immediately, before the door slid close you heard,

“Services you right to be known as ‘the little girl that fell from sky”

"When two people meet, each one is changed by the other so you've got two new people."

— John Steinbeck

You walked out of the room and followed the electric arrows leading to the cafeteria. Feeling completely empty you mindlessly headed in the direction of the cafe. When you entered the cafeteria all eyes landed on you. Some of the girls in the cafeteria started whispering things to their friends, who giggled in response. While most of the guys were scanning you all over, not even bothering to make eye contact." Doesn’t matter what situation they’re placed in, teenagers will be teenagers" you thought “Man, I wish I wasn’t wearing a crop top”. You continued to walk mind dwelling on both Horel and how people were just staring.

"but, then again I'm not the only girl wearing one." You decided to suck it up and get something to eat. You went up to one of the lunch ladies and she gave you a cup full of multi-colored pills and water. You looked done on what she gave you with a questionable look.

" You must be new here" she said. You nodded.

"All you have to is sallow each of those pills” she explained while eying the four she gave you.

"Okay, thank you" you said straining a smile, she immediately returned that smile. As you turned around to get to your seat you notice how most of those in the cafe went back to what they were doing, while some still stared. When you made eye contact with one of them they looked away. You sighed and rolled your eyes. You found a seat in the back of the cafeteria and sat down all by yourself. You quickly zoned out after you swallowed your pills, realising in the process, they had a meatloaf and mash potato aftertaste. Hearing a person clear their throat you came back to reality

"Excuse me uhh....."

"(Y/N)" you said.

"Right (Y/N), well you see, um, all the seats in the cafeteria seem to be preoccupied and I, um"

"Yes?"

"May I seat next to you?" said the boy

"Yeah, um, sure" you said gesturing to the chair next to you.

"I promise I wont be of any distraction" he said reassuringly

"oh, no its ok" you said.

The boy clumsily sat down as he took out all his books from his backpack. Bored you looked his way a noticed things you didn't before, like for one, his glasses. He had big geeky glasses surrounding his blue eyes. He must have felt you staring and looked towards you.

"Anything the matter" he asked

"oh, nothing" you quickly said looking away.

"Oh , I am offly sorry my names Keith, Keith Edwards" he said extending his hand. You hesitated for a fractions of a second but shook his hand.

"(Y/n), (Y/n) (Y/L/n)" you said in return.

Authors Note:

Please comment me what you think of the new edited version. I was looking back at my old writing and realised how much errors i had.

~B