School day

I woke up the next day, shivering from the cold. My window was open. Hmm. I'm sure i closed it last night. I slid out of bed and saw him out of the corner of my eye. I stopped moving and then he disappeared. Awesome. Now they are going to watch me while I sleep. Ugh. Weirdos. "At least close the window after your self. It freezing in here, you know" I growled and rolled my eyes. I started to change into fresh clothes and made sure that all my stuff were in my school bag before heading downstairs. I made sure that my step-dad wasn't in the kitchen before walking in and starting to prepare myself toast.

The kitchen was awkwardly quiet. Even a year after the tragedy I couldnt get used to the silence that filled the house. Filled the house with emptiness. Their pictures were still up around the house. Everywhere I went, their eyes followed me. I should be used to it by now. But no. I'm not. I dont think I ever will be. It used to be so happy. So loud. So annoying. And now its so sad. So quiet. So angry. I realised that i had, yet again lost myself in my thoughts. I looked at the clock. If i didnt go out within 5 minutes I would really be late.

I grabbed the ready toast and went out side. It was raining. I am one of the people that prefers rainy days to sunny days. They represent my mood more. I felt the raindrops make my hair wet and relaxed. I felt some rain drops roll down my face and wiped my glasses a bit so that I wouldn't trip over my own laces. I took my phone out and plugged my headphones in. I soon disappeared in the world of music and lost track of time. Thank god my body had memorised the way to school without me having to think about it. When i was pulled back to reality by someone hugging me, I realised that I was already in the school yard. I disentangled myself from the arms of my only friend and smiled at her. "I missed you, Leehi." She said. "Its only been two days, Mina. What's there to miss?" I asked.

Hmm. She looks like a good target. I heard in my head. Time stopped and so did every thing else. My eyes widened. No no no no. Not now. Please. I turned around and there he was. "What do you want?" I hissed. "We have known each other for a year and you still don't know my name," He said and lowered himself into a mocking bow "I am Chėn." I swallowed. "I dont think I want to acquaint myself with you." I turned around. Well. I wanted to but a grip a my wrist stopped me. I yelped as a shock of electricity ran through me.

"Let go." I hissed trying to pry his hand off. "Let me go and leave Mina alone. She has nothing to do with this." I scratched at his hand. He squeezed my hand with huge force and i felt a small crack. I whimpered in pain and...he was gone again. I was back in the exact same position that i was in when time stopped. But the pain in my arm was still there. I looked down and noticed that there was a hand print, bruising and swelling on my hand. "There is so much to miss about you. I dont even know why you do-are you okay? What happened?" When I didn't answer Mina's question, she looked at me with a soft gaze. "Was it your step-dad again, Leehi?" She whispered.

I could feel eyes burning into the back of my head. I didnt know who they belonged to but i was sure that they belonged to one of the monsters in my head. "No it wasn't." I said, just as quietly. "It wasn't my step-dad."