What You Ask

No one could say that Dick wasn't creative.

Sometimes his ingenuity was appreciated. Other times, it wasn't.

This was one such time.

timeskiptimeskiptimeskiptimeskiptimeskiptimeskip

The team had decided to go to the beach. It was going to be a fun time especially because they weren't just going to the beach next to the mountain.

Sadly, Wally had procrastinated his homework and was forced to stay home and miss the trip.

"Bring me back a souvenir, ok?" he told Robin.

"Of course, KF." he said but Wally should have seen his smirk.

At the end of the day Wally raced back to the mountain to greet his friends and interrogate them about what they had done. Everyone but Robin was in the common room.

"Hello Wally. Did you finish your homework?" Kaldur asked.

"Yup."

"Too bad you couldn't come, we had so much fun. But maybe it will teach you to get your homework done on time." Artemis said smirking. Wally frowned at her.

"Where's Robin?"

"He's, uh, getting your souvenir." Megan said giggling. Wally frowned at her. What was so funny?

"Oh, hey KF. Glad to see you. Really missed you on the trip." Robin said stepping into the common room with his hand behind his back.

Wally raced over to him. "What'd you get me?"

"Wow, no hello, no how did it go? I'm sad. Maybe I'll just keep your souvenir." Robin said pouting.

"Ugh, common bro! I know you had an awesome time. Please don't deny me my souvenir. You know I like collecting stuff."

"All right, I guess I'll give it to you. Close your eyes."

Wally did so with a huff. His friend was so dramatic.

"Ok, you can open them now."

Wally did, then proceeded to blink several times. That couldn't be what he thought it was. It had to be fake. Then the thing let out a squawk.

"Surprise!"

"You brought me a seagull!"

"Of course not, it's a gannet. You can tell by the orange on its head."

"That doesn't make it better!"