chapter four - eden

Chapter 4 - Eden

Friday

I opened my eyes and turned to my alarm clock which read 7:02 am. I slowly got out of bed, half wanting to just pull the covers over my head and go back to bed. I grab my towel off my desk chair to go shower. I proceeded with my usual morning bathroom routine. Brushing my teeth, blow-drying my hair, and doing my morning skincare routine. When I got back to my room. I throw on a pair of dark blue jeans, a random band tee and a white oversize sweater. I walked over to the window to open the curtains. The sky was a light blue-grey with streaks of gold and orange peeking through as the sun was making its way up in the sky. Snow-covered the barren trees, but the road had been cleared early in the morning. Leaving the asphalt on the road visible. I turned my head to the nightstand by my bed to see the time on my clock. 7:37 am its neon red numbers read. I didn't need to leave my place until 10:30 am, but I liked to wake up early most of the time. I made my way to the kitchen to make some breakfast. Mia had not yet left her room, but she liked to sleep in on days she doesn't have class. I didn't bother to make her anything as it would be cold by the time she woke up. I would see her when I got back. After eating, I walked back to my room and read my book.

..............................................

Around 10:30, I left my place to catch the bus. I couldn't help but think of Justin as I made my way to the bus stop. His piercing blue eyes which did not seem to leave my sight while I was in Mr.Miller-, I mean Joseph's office. I would have to thank him for giving me a good recommendation when he got back to me. I got off the bus and walked onto the campus. Making my way to the building where Joseph's office was. After a few minutes, I finally reached the hallway to Joseph's office. A couple of staff and students passed me by as I got closer to his door. I soon reached his office and lifted my hand forward to knock on the door.

"Come in," yells Joseph.

I clasp the door handle and pull it down to enter his office. As the door widens, I can see Joseph is sitting at his desk examining the notes before him. He looks up once I enter the room.

"Hello Eden, I have your letter of recommendation for Ici Radio-Canada Télé. Justin should get back to you this afternoon and at the latest Monday,"

"Thank you so much Mr. Mil- Joseph" I said with a smile.

"No problem, I glad that I can help"

"This really is a huge help, thank you and tell Justin 'thank you' from me as well" I gush a little while still trying to keep my composure.

"Tell him yourself" Joseph laughed slightly shrugging in the process.

"Right. Well, I'm going to head out. Once again-"

"Eden, stop thanking me! It's really no big deal and I really hope you get the internship" He smiled wholeheartedly at me.

"Yes, okay. Well, I'll see you around" I laugh out awkwardly, lifting up my hand and quickly waving a short goodbye before hurrying to the door. At the door, I pause for a second before turning to Joseph blurting out one last "thank you" and speed my way out the door.

The campus was fairly empty as I made my way to the coffee shop to meet with Ben. Students were few and far between on this cold Friday morning. Snow fell from the sky in large chunks as I strolled, falling on my jacket and face as I walked. I spent the rest of my walk to the coffee shop thinking about the internship and hoping that they would pick me for the position. I made it to the street where the coffee shop was. The bell on the door rings as I enter the quaint coffee shop, the chatter of people fills the space and the warmth of the shop is a welcome reprieve from the cold outside.