Episode 6 - The Last Stand

Please read to the end, I have a question that I like you readers to answered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lightning struck near the Temple of Gold as twenty thousand Dark Oni were outside its walls. "We are surrounded with our best strategies completely failing and our x factor unable to help us." said Jay inside the temple as they heard the roars of the Dark Oni.

"It could be worse." suggested Cole.

"What do you mean it could be worse?!" asked Jay.

"Well could not have an army." said Cole, this made Jay slump.

"We try every strategy that we prefer, there is no way to outsmart him." said Kai.

This gave Lloyd an idea. "What did you say?" he asked.

"There is no way to outsmart him." repeated Kai.

"No before that." responded Lloyd.

"We try every strategy that we prefer," said Kai. The others were confused why Lloyd wanted to hear that part.

"Ah, I see." realized Blizzare.

"What?" the other ninja asked.

"Gōmon knows Caleb isn't here, so he knows we pick our own strategies." said Blizzare.

"So if we think, what Caleb would do." said Gasly.

"Then he would realize Caleb is back." said Striker.

"This plan could work however," said the First Spinjitzu Master hearing the ninjas' plans. "Lloyd, it's time you carry the sword."

Lloyd realized the time has come. Even though he reached that power long ago, his age and experience taught him to fear it. Especially since Caleb even feared it. "I promise him he will end the war with us." said Lloyd.

"We are unable to find him. Gōmon has outsmarted us every battle since Caleb had to go." said the First Spinjitzu Master. Then revealed the Sword that Caleb used and gave it to Lloyd. "He knows you hit the level of power once, he knows you have experience with it. He gave it to you because he believes in you. Now it is time for you to return to the Golden Ninja state." Lloyd took the sword from him and with determination on his face, he nodded.

The Dark Oni barge at the doors. Suddenly the doors began to open but before they could go in, Golden Oni came at the Dark Oni from the sides they smashed into them causing the army to seperate. Confused by the attack the ninja spring into action taking out the Dark Oni that were coming through the doors. Seeing his army split, Gōmon led his back of his forces to smash the sides of the Golden Onis' attack. Leading one side of his army he charged at them, but before his army collided, he saw a blast of gold blow his other side away. He looked up to see the Golden Ninja. The Golden Ninja airjitzu towards him and once there, he began to fight Gōmon. "So you came back from your trip?" asked Gōmon as he blocked the Golden Ninja's attacks. "Or are you one of the other three?" this time attacking him.

"Does it matter? Knowing that you are losing your troops to his strategy." said Lloyd as he parried.

"I must admit you were slow learners but I expected you to be slower." said Gōmon as he launched a series of attacks.

"We may be slow," started LLoyd as he blocked Gōmon's uppercut. "But you know I'm on to you." Then he fling Gōmon's sword into the air, it landed on the ground away from them and Lloyd had his sword in a position that forced Gōmon to surrender.

With their leader defeated, the Dark Oni surrender, were chained and began the trip to the Dark Island. Before Gōmon could leave, Kai and Lloyd went to visit him. "The words you said to me, were the same words Caleb said to me." Gōmon said when they came in.

"Perhaps you can give us the information he wanted from you." said Kai.

"You know I have more Oni hiding," said Gōmon.

"You lost, their cause is lost without a strong leader." said Lloyd.

Gōmon laughed for a while then said, "You know, I enjoy watching people get torture. I bet Caleb has become insane and losing his mind. I see him, the one that's from another realm, but he could be gone for good."

"What do you mean?" asked Kai.

"I order some of my troops to enter the realm he is in. He will be there to finish this war, but you won't be there to help him. And as for him, you will never find him." said Gōmon. Lloyd pointed the sword to Gōmon blasting him with it which transported him back to the Dark Island.

Later that night, the ninja and the Golden Oni were celebrating that the war was over. "There are plenty of stories to tell Caleb when he comes home." said Jay who likes to gloat on one of the few victories they have.

Kai and Lloyd were pondering together on what Gōmon said to them when Nya came by. "You guys looked down somehow, why?" she asked.

"It's something Gōmon said to us sis." answered Kai.

"Then perhaps you should tell Caleb and celebrate with him." said the First Spinjitzu Master handing them some food and drinks.

Kai and Lloyd left the party, went through the portal and to Caleb and Sarah's apartment. Sarah opened the door to the basement and said, "He hasn't come up since he came home."

Lloyd and Kai went downstairs, it was dark and the only light was Kai's fire. They saw gear lying everywhere and the smell of sweat filled the room. "I take it you have news." a voice said in the dark. They turned to see where it came and saw a body sitting against the wall with sweat covering him.

"Some good and some bad." said Lloyd.

"We won the war." responded Kai handing Caleb a drink.

"But we haven't found him." finished Lloyd.

Caleb took the drink then said, "To peace in Ninjago." then drank it.

"We are sorry that we didn't come with more good news." said Kai.

"Well a little good news for me is enough to keep me happy considering what happened at the end of the game." said Caleb.

"We'll find him." said Lloyd.

"Well while you are here, you can tell me some war stories of battles I wasn't there for. Jay is starting to like hearing them." said Caleb.

"I guess we can tell a few." said Kai, as he and Lloyd sat with Caleb to tell the stories they had after Caleb left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How fortunate I won the war."