Chapter 8: How Much Training Does a Girl Need?

I can't remember exactly what happened last night. After Raina left to find Roman, I laid in bed for hours, at least until dinner time.

There almost everyone in the castle was in the dining room, a large room with tables and chairs laid out, with servants scattered about, serving food to the people in the hall.

But at the very end was a large table up on a platform, a few stone steps leading up there, around the table laid many chairs, of a different variety, one bright and cool to the touch, while another was dark and scalding hot. at the head were three chairs, two of which sat my mother and King Alador. The third was smaller but still beautiful, made of white gold, with white cushions embroidered with opals.

Soon, dinner arrived, serving everything from lamb meat to what they call Evening Flower of Tellarun. With several drinks from water to tea to mead. Either way, I certainly had a pleasurable meal.

Afterward, I went back up to my room, to find a majority of my old clothes in the wardrobe as well as some new ones, looking down at the note, it reads:

Dawn,

I decided to take it upon myself and bring back some of your clothes and get you some new clothes for training. I spoke with Roman and General Soliaccus, and you shall be starting training tomorrow. Rest well, and be prepared.

Your Mother,

Queen Kirana.

My eyes start to droop, as I fold the letter and grab some pajamas and slip into bed. Anxious for tomorrow, and praying that I don't mess up and get myself hurt. That's when the fun part starts:

I open my eyes to find myself in the middle of a red room, the floor and walls all red, but also all stone. I look around to find someone standing in the middle of the room, or more accurately laying curled up, face down as if waiting for a tornado to pass. I try to ask him something, but nothing comes out. I try to walk towards him, but I can't move. However, he must have sensed that someone was there, so he turns to look at me, orange eyes with slitted pupils. I hear him growl before he stands before me, fire growing from his hand, extending up to his arms and encasing his body, as I get thrown back by the force of it, closing my eyes as I manage to hear one thing. "I won't give it,".

I jolt out of bed, looking around the room that I was given. It was just a dream, but why did it feel so real. I shake my head as I turn to go to my closet.

Choosing a flowing green shirt, though plated with a bronze type metal, along with black pants and black knee-high boots, tying my hair back into a braid, and choosing gold eyeshadow and light pink lipstick. I look in the mirror, hoping my outfit is satisfactory when Raina knocks on the door, as I permit her to enter.

"Are you ready for training?" Raina asks, wearing a green shirt as well, with a leather chest plate, dirt brown pants, and dark brown ankle boots. I look down at my shaking hands, images from the dream still flashing before me.

"I'm more nervous than anything, what if I screw up? What if I'm not what you guys want me to be?" I start to shake even more at the thought of me badly bruised or bloodied to a pulp after today.

"You do not need to worry, we won't throw you into the deep end for the next two weeks, it'll just be me, Roman, and my father," she places a hand on my shoulder as my breathing starts to level out. I stand as we both head out towards the dining hall for breakfast.

The hall was less packed than the night before, Raina explained that it wasn't like fast food where you had to get it at a certain time, and some of the people who live here have the food delivered to their room.