Chapter 12

Venturing through a forest and having conversations with little fairies over some warm tea. I even got to meet Chris Hemsworth, the man who does a hell of a job in the “sexy” department. That was what my pleasant dream was about until I was shaken awake from it by a gorgeous man with sliver eyes so deep you could swim in them. It pissed me off.

“Sam, c’mon, you have to get up.” I just huffed and ignored him. He sounded as tired as I felt. His voice was directly by my ear as he said, “I have to leave in an hour, so I have to take you home. I’ll be pissed if you make me late for this meeting.”

Again, I ignored him, snuggling closer to the warm object in front of me. It was an incredible-smelling object, too. Subconsciously, I nuzzled my face closer to it, inhaling deeply. The scent was so familiar, but it didn’t quite register in my tired state. There was a chuckle that sounded startlingly close.

“Sam? What are you doing…?”

My eyes snapped open, and I realized that I had nestled my face into the side of Collin’s neck, sniffing him like there was no tomorrow. Well, this is awkward. I didn’t really know how to respond to his question so…I didn’t. I just lay there, pretending to be asleep. It didn’t really work.

“You know, I can practically feel your blush right now.”

I stilled as I tried to think of a way out of this situation without making it awkward. The only way to do that was to come up with a good reason for doing it, which was to compliment him. Well, once you’re already in, you might as well dig deeper.

“Why do you smell so good all the time?” I mumbled against his neck, trying to hide my probably even deeper blush. My voice sounded more frustrated than anything. Yeah, I said to dig deeper, but not ten feet deeper. But really, it wasn’t a smell I could describe. He always just had this…delicious kind of smell, for lack of a better word. Honestly, the smell kind of made me want to do things I’d probably regret immensely. But hey, what girl doesn’t want a perfectly sculpted god to cuddle?

I felt a deep laugh rumble through his chest. “That would be the aftershave.”

I shook my head and said very, very quietly, “It’s not. It’s just you.” I took the brave chance of pulling away and looking up at him. He was propped up on one elbow, already fully dressed in trouser pants and a white, button up shirt. A gray tie hung loosely around his neck, a button at the top of his shirt unbuttoned. His black mass of hair was neatly styled so that it’s now swept to the side, very slightly spiking out to the side, barely noticeable. He looked freaking hawt, and that was even an understatement.

I smirked up at him. “Look at you all dressed up as if you’re a pro.”

He didn’t hesitate to smirk right back. “That’s because I am a pro. This is the professional me, babe, the boring me.”

“No, you look mature, which is probably why you said boring.”

“Like you would even know the definition of maturity,” he scoffed as he got off the bed and slipped on a pair of black socks.

“Excuse me, I think I’m the reasonable one here, which means I have my mature moments,” I debated, getting off the bed as well.

He stuck his head out of the closest door just to give me a look that said we both knew I was lying.

Okay, I’ll admit that I have been an immature bitch half the time I was with him, but I was still mature in some parts. I can draw a line somewhere when I think it’s needed.

I stretched my arms over my head with a wide yawn. I didn’t realize it was a mistake until it was too late. I quickly put my arms back down to my sides, but I wasn’t quick enough. There was a clicking sound before I even began to think to put my arms down. I fixed the shirt, covering up my underwear again. I glared at Collin as he smirked at the screen of his camera phone with a creepy kind of satisfaction on his face.