Chapter 7 - Date Night

Sel's Pov

I kissed Kyky on the lips and told him "amor you look handsome" he kissed my lips again and said "you look beautiful babygirl let's get our date night started" we walk hand in hand to his car and I could tell that he was still slightly upset about the game but was doing his best to not show how he felt. As I waited for him to get inside the car I decided that tonight would be about him and not me. He got in and I grabbed his face making sure he was looking at me directly. and I said "I know today's lost hit harder than any other losses but you were great I am so proud of you and I can't wait to be courtside one day watching you kill every game love" he closed his eyes and said "babygirl you know how to make it all go away and make me feel better, I can't wait to have you in my Kuzma jersey and seeing your courtside babygirl" I kissed his lips and said "one day kyky" as he began driving to our dinner date reservations. As we pulled up to Nobu in Malibu and waited for the valet to take his keys he came to my side and opened the door for me. We began walking to the receptionist and kyle said "Reservation for Kuzma" the lady looked at us and brought us to a far end table with a beautiful beach view once I was seated I was taking in the beautiful view, I felt ky pulling my chair saying "you were a little too far from my liking" I smiled and hit his chest. Kyle ordered us wine and I as we began sipping on it we just talked about one another, the game and everything in our lives. Kyle began saying "you killed it tonight, I know you probably think I didn't see you but I did and let me tell you when you did that booty shake my heart nearly popped out of my chest" I laughed and hid my face on his shoulder and he said "no need to be shy babygirl, you have talents and your body is a piece of art that I can stare at all day" he kept saying all these things and I couldn't help but blush. We started talking about his mama how she would be coming to a home game next month and he wanted to see if I would be open to visiting her. I agreed to do it because I knew that I wanted him to meet my papa, knowing he was the closest thing I had to my mama. Kyle had the entire night planned out, I didn't order food because he had already taken care of it and we were waiting for it to be brought out to us. We were both having steak and let me know you it was the best steak ever. As we ate we kept talking about our life goals, and where we saw each other in 10 years or more. Kyle still said he hoped to be playing in the nba with lakers and I said I saw myself doing a tour or traveling with a team being their on call PT. Once we finished with our dinner, we ordered dessert which happened to be an ice cream sundae with a brownie we deiced on sharing because I was full and kyky had a big sweet tooth so it was mainly for him. He kept trying to feed me but also trying to put the ice cream on face on purpose. He successfully put it on my upper lip and pulled me closer to him and said "oops you have some on your lip let me get it" I laughed and he leaned in and kissed the ice cream off me until I said "Stop enough with he dessert now you are just playing Bebe" he laughed and said "I love the way you call me your nicknames in Spanish" as he pays the check he grabs my hand and tells me "when you get into the car I need you to close your eyes" I laughed and said "okay dad" and he said "don't call me that in public that's bedroom talk" I laughed out loud and kept walking. I closed my eyes waiting for him to lead me into his car like he asked. I felt him take my hand sitting me down on the seat and then placing something on my lap. He told me to open my eyes when he was on the driver's seat. I looked at the item that was on my lap, it was a bouquet of roses and it had a card standing out "will you be my girlfriend" I looked at kyky and leaned into his lips kissing them with so much love and passion before pulling back and saying "yes baby" he smiled and yelled out his window saying "she said yes everyone" and everyone clapped and cheered. I laughed telling ky"all these people probably think we just got engaged" and he said "shoot I didn't think about that" As we were driving back home he told me how he had a busy schedule with away games in these upcoming weeks. We pulled up into my apartment and he asked me if I could drive to him tomorrow morning so we could spend the day together and I said yes, before getting out of the car and kissing him on the lips and saying "please be safe text me when you get home baby" he replied with"I will babygirl"