Chapter 17

"Where are you? You were supposed to be here two hours ago." "I'm busy, I'll see you in the morning." "I said I was sorry, Cody." "I don't care about that. I'm over it." "Why do you hate me?" "Stop being dramatic. You can live for one night without me." He laughed and then hung up. I sighed and dropped my phone onto my lap.

"Jess?" Justin knocked on my door. "Yup." I answered while falling back onto my pillows. "Are you okay?" "Yeah." I rolled onto my side so I was facing away from him. The door closed and then I felt Justin's weight on the bed next to me. "How would you know to ask that anyway?" I rolled back onto my other side. Justin shrugged. "Becaise I'm a guy and I know how dickish we can act."

"Dickish?" I giggled. "He could never hate you, he loves you more than anything. He's just trying his best to be mad at you." "But it's not my fault." I rested my head on Justin's chest, he started to run his hands through my hair. "I don't want anymore tears, okay?" "How do you know there was tears?" "Selena said to be gentle with you when you got home."

"I wanna go out." I got up. "No way, it's almost midnight." "It's the only time I have freedom." "It's not safe, you're too vulnerable." "Got you on speed dial." "You're driving, not walking." "Okay." "And you're putting something on your legs before you leave this room." He said. "I'm just gonna shove some leggings on." I pulled my draw open.

"You want me to take you out for a drive? It's not best to be alone when you're upset." "I'm gonna go to Malibu. Go sit on the beach." I smiled while pulling my leggings up my legs. "Can you take sleepy into your room, please?" I asked, referring to Romeo, as I put on my fuzzy socks.

"We'll stay up for you." He picked him up and kissed his head. "I bet your fans will love a few photos of you guys cuddling." I laughed and grabbed my phone, keys and shoes before going downstairs. It took around a half hour to get to the beach but once I did, I parked and took off my shoes before walking towards where the ocean hits the shore.

I sat in front of the water and watched as it came in and out and in and out again. After however long it was, I heard footsteps behind me but didn't bother to turn around. Something dropped onto my shoulders which made me jump.

"It's just me, my jacket." Cody's voice calmed me as he sat beside me. "What are you doing here?" "Coming to save you from pneumonia." "Why do you hate me?" My voice cracked instantly. "Hey," His voice softened and he pulled me closer to him. "I don't hate you." He kissed my temple. "Never ever think that."

"Do you think I'm easy? Is that why you don't want to talk to me and don't want to see me? You think I'm slutty and don't like me anymore." "Baby, stop that. Don't think like that." "But that's what I feel." "You musn't believe that." He pulled me onto his lap. "I love you more than anything, I was trying to figure out what to do with this."

"With what?" "With solving our situation without shouting. I don't want to make you cry, I never meant to do that. I was mad and I was being mean and harsh, it wasn't acceptable. I'm sorry for blaming you, you were right; we were both in those pictures, both kissing and touching each other. It took both of us to do what we were doing so we're both at fault. I was just annoyed because you got taken advantage of."

"I didn't?" "You innocently trusted your friend, and then, out of spite, he decides to break your trust." "He didn't do it to hurt me, I've spoken to him. He said he didn't realize he'd said too much until he'd said it and he said he was sorry. We've solved it." "You're right." "Huh?" "He wasn't trying to hurt you, he was trying to hurt me."

"Baby, I don't want you being gullible. People lie to you a lot and I don't like it." "They don't." "I can lie to you whenver I want to, as long as my lie fits with what you want to believe I will get away with it. Other people know this and decide to take advantage of you because of your innocence." "I'm not that innocent. I wish people would stop saying that." I rolled my eyes.