Chapter 30

It was around three in the morning and Cody was passed out next to me. I didn't want to be a controlling and posessive girlfriend who always checks their boyfriend's phone but the fact that it was keeping me awake was too much. So I carefully leant over him and took his phone off the night stand.

We've always known each other's passwords so it wasn't like it was hard to get into the phone. As I expected, he lied about the last time he spoke to her. But I was surprised when I found out they'd seen each other since. I mean, these messages weren't explicit in any way and they weren't even very flirty. They were plainly just messages between two friends.

If he'd changed her name in his phone, I wouldn't have known to be worried. There was just something inside me telling me that there was something wrong. They'd seen each other a lot over the few weeks that Cody and I hardly saw each other. When I was filming. There was a message where she was asking him to come see her in New York for a few days. He hadn't replied to it as he'd been with us.

I decided that I'd leave the phone and then see what he says to the request. When I clicked the lock button, it made the locking noise so I quickly looked at Cody to make sure he didn't wake up. He didn't make a single movement so I carefully climbed over him and put it back down how it was.

"What are you doing?" Cody sleepily questioned. "Nothing." "You don't trust me?" He opened his eyes. "I would trust you if you didn't lie to me." "What have I lied about?" He seemed as though he believed he was innocent. I sighed and sat up next to him with my legs crossed. "You told me you haven't seen Gigi since-" "I didn't want you to get upset or suspicious so I just told you what I thought would keep you happy." He didn't let me finish.

"Oh so you do know what you did wrong?" "Don't get mad at me, I was trying to protect you from getting hurt." "Surely if you just told me the truth it would make you seem a lot more innocent." "I have not cheated on you. Do not jump to conclusions just because I didn't tell you I saw her." "I never said you did. You came up with that all by yourself." I simply smiled and fell down onto the mattress.

"Baby," Cody sighed. I ignored him and comfy with my back to him. "Please talk to me." "I need sleep. Jazmyn and Jaxon will wake us up in under four hours." "What's going on, Jess?" "My boyfriend is meeting beautiful women behind my back." "I thought you didn't like her?" "She's a model, Cody. She's so gorgeous, she is perfect and I'm ordinary. I knew it wouldn't be long until you got bored of me and went back."

"Don't say that." He pulled me back so I was laying with my back against his chest. "You're far from ordinary. I love you and I think you're the most beautiful person on this planet." "You have to say that." "I don't have to think it." "And how do I know you're not lying?" "Because we both know I'm terrible at lying to you." "You are." I giggled and turned to face him.

"So why are you trying to find a reason so have an argument? I thought we were going good?" "Jaxon doesn't like you being my boyfriend." I mumbled into his chest. "When Justin didn't like it, what did you tell him?" "To go fuck himself but Jaxon's my baby brother! It's different. It means something to me when he says he doesn't like you kissing me."

"And you're prepared to choose his preference over our relationship? I know he's important to you but he's only five." "Being young doesn't make his opinion insignificant, Cody." "He'll get used to it." "If Tom didn't like you and me-" "I'd tell him to grow up because he's known you for the majority of his life and so what if I kiss you now?" "Jaxon's known you his whole life." "Exactly."

"What would you do If Jazzy didn't like it?" I asked. "Don't." "Tell me, what would you do? If Jazmyn came to you and said 'Coco, I don't like it when you kiss Jess', what would you do?" "She's not my little sister, it doesn't count." "She's just like your little sister and has been in love with you since she was one and a half." "I'd stop kissing you in front of her."