Chapter 25: Confrontation

Chapter 25 — Confrontation

Seeing Chen Yijun's look of panic frightened the Chang Shi Gui's assistant. He looked down and tried to help him up and together with He Dong, he stood up.

Not expecting to see this woman here, Chen Yijun's heart became a mess. He took out a cigarette from his case and his hands shook looking at the scene before him.

When he met Ning Xi during the spring festival, he heard Chang Shi Gui calling her by her surname 'Ning'. He still wasn't sure if she was the same Ning Xi from high school. When her television drama became very popular later, the news about Ning Xi appeared in overwhelming numbers online. When he saw the photo of Ning Xi along with her name, he knew it was the same Ning Xi who he had harmed, the same Ning Xi whose family he had destroyed.

Whenever he thought of that prank of when he was young, he felt ashamed and scared. For a long time, Ning Xi became a thorn in his heart. He only needed to think about her to feel pain and guilt.

When he saw his friend in such a state, He Dong was amazed and surprised. How could the woman they met last time be here? Was she really Ning Xi?

But this Ning Xi looked so different from the Ning Xi of high school. Could Chen Yijun be mistaken?

Not to mention that if it was really Ning Xi, how could she be so calm when she saw them?

"Cough, cough!" Chen Yijun coughed because of the smoke and hurriedly went to the side and coughed.

"Mr Chang," He Dong began, afraid the atmosphere would become more embarrassing, "This time we have come to you to bother you about a cooperation project with Chen..."

Chang Shi Gui looked at Chen Yijun who was coughing non-stop from the corner of his eyes and said, "I have seen your company's project. You have very good ideas but I am not interested in this project for the time being. I'm afraid you have made this trip for nothing."

Ning Xi covered the lunchbox with the lid, then a big hand came from behind to take the box away. She looked back and saw Chang Shi Gui's assistant. The assistant saw her looking and smiled politely.

"Mr Chang, please give us ten minutes. I believe this project will certainly impress you." He Dong was unwilling to give up and lowered his attitude to seek time from Chang Shi Gui.

Ning Xi looked at the low-profile, humble gesture that He Dong was making and laughed, "Since Mr Chang said he is not interested in the project, it means that no matter how exciting your project is, it won't be able to move him."

Chang Shi Gui turned to Ning Xi and nodded, smiling.

When the assistant threw the garbage and came back, he saw the scene of the 'muddle-headed king and the wicked concubine'. He became deeply worried. When did the relationship between the big boss and the small actress become so good?

Ning Xi smiled, giving Chang Shi Gui a complex look. She swept a glance at the pair and sneered at them, despising Chen Yijun and He Dong.

Under such circumstances, He Dong, who had always had a reputation of 'The Ambassador of Flowers' could not keep a normal expression. He saw Ning Xi wearing an ancient costume. She should be an actor in the cast. But he also saw her close relationship with Chang Shi Gui. Swallowing his anger, he said, "Mr Chang, just give us a few minutes."

Chen Yijun who had finished coughing walked towards Ning Xi and looked her in the eyes. "Are you Ning Xi?"

Ning Xi showed him a perfect smile. "Hasn't Young Master Chen come to talk to Mr Chang? Why are you suddenly asking about me? This is a very old-fashioned trick."