71

The press conference concluded successfully. After the event, the hosts even went to specially thank Ning Xi, throwing their previous unhappiness out of the window.

Later, the organizers held a grand dinner at the hotel. They invited the crew from The Unrivalled 2, but Ning Xi rejected the invitation.

"Someone's here to pick me up today. I'll join everyone tomorrow instead." Ning Xi saw Juliana's unwilling face, and smiled as she hugged her. "Be good, my dear. My sweetheart is still outside waiting for me. Tomorrow, I'll get him to join us for dinner."

When the organizer, who had been standing by the side, heard the word "sweetheart", a sheepish expression appeared on his face. How did the head of Chang Enterprises look anything like a sweetheart?!

"Oh!" Juliana had a shocked expression, but immediately, she smiled amorously and said, "Have a nice and romantic night then."

Ning Xi winked at her. "Definitely."

After bidding farewell to the production crew, Ning Xi and Zhang Qingyun stepped into the elevator. As he pressed the floor number that they were going to, Zhang Qingyun said, "Mr. Chang's assistant called me just now to say that Mr. Chang is waiting at the carpark for you."

Ning Xi raised her arm to look at her watch. "Alright."

Zhang Qingyun thought that her expression was strange and frowned. He wanted to say something, but held back as he thought he might be overstepping his boundaries. For a moment, the air in the elevator stilled.

Given Ning Xi's character, she would have already informed him earlier about her participation in The Unrivalled 2. However, this time, not only did she keep mum about it, her handling of the matter was also out of character.

"There must be a flurry of activity on the Internet now." Zhang Qingyun couldn't stand the silence in the elevator and found a topic to break the silence. "In our industry, not many Chinese actors have the ability to really participate and take on an important role in an international production."

So why would Ning Xi return to China even after having such a great opportunity? Was it really because she simply ... missed the delicacies in China?

"Brother Zhang." Ning Xi laughed, as she took her phone from her handbag. "It doesn't mean much to be able to participate in an international production. Instead of slogging it out overseas, it's always better to work domestically."

Zhang Qingyun wanted to continue the conversation, but the doors of the lift opened. Ning Xi's smile became unusually sarcastic, as she said, "Let's go."

Seeing that Ning Xi wasn't willing to say anything more, Zhang Qingyun also didn't pursue the issue further.

The lights in the carpark were very bright. Even still, there was a dark corner, and the darkness that emanated resembled the mouth of a monster that wanted to devour humans.

The woman who walked in front of him had a good figure, and the sexy curls that lay on her back enhanced that allure. Zhang Qingyun was reminded of a line he saw somewhere - beautiful women are the fusion of a fairy and a temptress. Their smile will keep you alive, their tears will cause your death, but you're simply a willing party.

Ning Xi, who had been walking in front, suddenly stopped in her tracks. She looked silently before her, as if she was watching a boring play.

Standing a short distance away from them were two people, Chang Shi Gui and Jiang Yun.

Under the lights, Chang Shi Gui's tailored suit and his perfectly sculpted features looked extraordinarily cold. When the light shone onto him, it looked like he was basking in a halo.